Forum Jar

Forum Jar : Dhamial (Rajput) Forum : History of Dhamial in Pothohar
See other topics in Dhamial (Rajput) Forum

Dhamial (Rajput) Forum

Important rules for using Dhamial (Rajput) Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: History of Dhamial in Pothohar
Hi I am a Dhamial rajput a british national and back home from Tehsil Sohawa Disst. Jhelum. I would like to meet Dhamials all over the world and gather information and shjrah of Dhamials. if anyone would like to say any thing about themselves or what ever they are told about their Clan by their elders.
you can read information about Dhamial Rajputs on
your right side of this home page.
I have met lots of Dhamials who are well educated as Doctors, Teachers, Army officers,Businessman etc. in Pakistan and U.K.
I am collecting some history books like Tarikh farista and I need some other refrences to collect the accurate information and history of Dhamials. Please do let me know if you have books of Lepel H. Griffin(Cheif and families of note in punjab), Punjab Castes by Denzil Ibbetson, Tehreek-e-Janjua by Raja Anwar Khan.

by Raja Aamir Wed Sep 28 21:32:52 UTC 2011

I HAVE SHAJRA OF DHAMIAL AND SEARCHING MORE

by IQBAL DHAMIAL Fri Dec 16 05:44:39 UTC 2011

AUR CONNECT ME ON FB ID IS IQBAL DHAMIAL
OR MY CELL NO 03345489722

by IQBAL DHAMIAL Fri Dec 16 05:45:38 UTC 2011

raja aamir plz contect me

by iqbal dhamial Sun Jan 15 17:04:12 UTC 2012

Salam,thanks for your message. I will call you soon.

by Aamir Wed Mar 21 23:59:50 UTC 2012

I also belong to District Jehlum Sohawa, born & living in Lahore. 03004108336

by Raja Farooq Thu Jun 14 05:21:48 UTC 2012

Assalam-o-Alaikum, I am from Rawalpindi District, serving in Pakistan Air force as an Junior Commissioned Officer, belongs to a respectable and noble family of Dhamial Rajputs. There are hundreds of Dhamial families residing in Rawalpindi, Haripur and Abbottabad districts, We are inter-married with Bhakrals, Abbasis(Dhund) Gakhars (Kiani), Sattis, Karlals (Sardar), Jadoons, Tanolis, Awans, Choudharies (Gujjar) and Maliks of the respective regions. I also have some historical information about Dhamial clan of Rajputs. You can consult Tarikh-e- Farishta, Tarikh-e-Hazarah, Tarikh-e-Rajputan etc. My cell No is 03332079871. Any comments in this regard will be welcomed

by Imtiaz Raja Sat Jun 16 09:07:34 UTC 2012

my new no is o3366998234

by ch iqbal dhamial Tue Aug 21 10:02:07 UTC 2012

join me in fb as chaudhry iqbal dhamial.or join group dhamial family

by ch iqbal dhamial Tue Aug 21 10:03:26 UTC 2012

Assalamualaikum,
I am a Dhamial from the village of dhamial near Chakswari, Mirpur, Azad Kashmir. My information is that we are not Rajputs but the descendants of Sayedina Mansha alaihissalam, son of sayedina Yusuf alalhissalam.

by Zafar Hussain Tue Dec 18 23:31:52 UTC 2012

salam,i want shajra of dhamial from raja dhammi khan.sohawa

by ch.M.yaqoob.03075889265 Fri Feb 22 16:56:00 UTC 2013

hi i am also from the sons of Raja Dhami khan

by guest Sat Feb 23 06:40:45 UTC 2013

hi i am having a shajrah at my home, i just want to correlate with anybody else who is having..!!

fb: raja.NAT

by Rajax Sat Feb 23 06:52:33 UTC 2013

what s difrence between rajput&jutt dhamial and whats relation with junjoa

by ch.M.yaqoob03075889265 Sun Feb 24 16:36:52 UTC 2013

by ch.M.yaqoob03075889265 Sun Feb 24 16:37:33 UTC 2013

by ch.M.yaqoob03075889265 Sun Feb 24 16:37:33 UTC 2013

hi, i'm raja umar dhamial from Distt Rawalpindi, Tehsil kahuta,i want shijra(family tree).

by raja umar Thu Mar 14 06:25:57 UTC 2013

hi I am ABDUL MALIK DHAMYAL punjgran Islamabad may cell 03005070915

by ABDUL MALIK DHAMYAL Mon Apr 08 18:39:45 UTC 2013

mai Abdul malik dhmail Islamabad k ak gou say hou aidar humray 200 gar hai aur aas pass k gou mai b bhot taadad mai dhamil rehtay hai kisi ko b shajra nasab chaiy ho tou plz contact me 03005070915

by abdu malik dhamil Mon Apr 08 18:45:06 UTC 2013

Asalamu alaikum,

I am from Dhamial Tribe in Chakswari Azad Kashmir; according to my information Dhamial Tribe is not from Rajput Tribe, a brief story how Dhamial Tribe adopted the name Rajput Dhamial is that in the time of British rule in India, British colonial government wanted to recruit people from local Tribes to join The British Army in India. They recruited people from Rajput and other tribes in the army and somehow they left out Dhamial Tribe. When it came into the knowledge of Dhamial Tribe they protested and demanded to the responsible authorities to take their people into the army as well. The recruiting Officer told Dhamial Tribe that the list of recruits have already been sent to London for its approval from Queen Victoria, its too late to add Dhamial Tribe into the list. He gave a solution to solve the matter suggesting to Dhamial Tribe that they can still join the army under the name of Rajput, so Dhamial Tribe had no other way to join the army but by adding the name Rajput to Dhamial and thus becoming Rajput Dhamial and losing their pure identity of Dhamial.
Dhamial is name derived from Dhami. Dhami Khan is short name of Sultan Adham Khan, who was father of the Tribe Dhamial and the meaning of Dhamial is children of Dhami Khan or you can equally say children of Sultan Adham Khan. By the grace of Allah there is no non Muslim in the lineage of Sultan Adham Khan, ancestors of Sultan Adham Khan go back to Manshah (AS) son of Prophet Yusuf (AS) son of Prophet Yaqub (AS) and so on…to Saam (AS) son of Prophet Nuh (AS).
Manshah (AS) and his younger brother Ephraim (AS) were sons of Prophet Yusuf (AS). Manshah Tribe was one of the Tribes of Israel and was part of Kingdom of Israel. In 723 BC the Kingdom was conquered by Assyria and the population deported, from that time the Tribe of Manshah has been counted as one of the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. After being deported from Israel people of Manshah Tribe travelled to various directions of the globe such as Africa, Europe and Asia. In recent years Israeli government have allowed 7232 people of Manshah Tribe to come and settle in Israel from Northern India.
Sultan Adham Khan was a Qutub (spiritual symbol) of his time; he was a Commander in the army of Sultan Firoz Shah Tughlaq. He was gifted 150 Murabba feudal lands (Jagir) by Sultan Firoz Shah Tughlaq. 1 Murabba = 200 Kanals so 150 Murabba x 200 = 30000 Kanals (3750 Acres).He built a qila (fort) at Kot Dhamiak. He divided his land to his eight sons and left Kot Dhamiak and went to Tilla Jorgian stayed there for a short period and then moved on to Chakwal by the lake Kallar Kahar and secluded himself in the remembrance of Allah. None of his sons went with him but his servant Habib who has recently converted to Islam and was from the Tribe Nagyal. He served him until Sultan Adham Khans death in Hijri 831. Habib became Gaddi Nasheen. In Sargodha the Nagyal Tribe is called Nagyana; they still today have disciples and are still being recognised as a Gaddi Nasheen. Sultan Adham Khan is buried in Dharma Chak No 11, Sargodha. People are not allowed to visit his resting place because of sensitiveness of the area due to Pakistan Air Force being based near the tomb.
Sons of Sultan Adham Khan had adopted the title Sardar (Chief). Below are the names and details of his sons in the sequence of birth:
(1) Sardar Lohore Khan, his descendents live in Sub-division Sohawa and also in Windsor and Camberley in England.
(2) Sardar Dawood Khan, no information is available about his descendents.
(3) Sardar Dilawar Khan, his descendents live in Sub-division Sohawa.
(4) Sardar Qabal Khan, his descendents live in Sub-division Fateh Jang, Chakwal and Rawalpindi.
(5) Sardar Sparas Khan, his descendents live in Sub-division Kahuta.
(6) Sardar Ismail Khan, his descendents live in Jhelum.
(7) Sardar Ranyal Khan, his descendents live in Rawalpindi.
(8) Sardar Bakhtawar Khan, his descendents live in Kandor, Samlotah, Chakswari (A.K)

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Apr 14 20:40:31 UTC 2013

Continuing from post above…

(8) Sardar Bakhtawar Khan, his descendents live in Kandor, Samlotah, Chakswari (A.K) Pul Manda (A.K) Towns and Cities of England, Woking, Slough, London, High Wycombe, Birmingham, Bradford, Leeds, and New Castle.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Apr 14 20:43:55 UTC 2013

My family are from Kandore in Dadyal sub-district but i was born in Slough and we are Dhamial aswell now i have read all your stories. However, i don't believe that we are not Arabs or likely to have any Semitic blood either. Now most south Asians are always trying to not to be south Asian. Sardar and Khan's are not the names of Arabs or Jews they are Pakistani names. Its total make believe the real truth cant be found but blood tests can be done to trace blood line of people back many thousands of years of history. So i believe this is cooked up a fancy story to explain why are Muslims and pure Muslims never being Hindu but this sadly make believe and we should not as proud Muslims believe in make believe it is not right or honest. As for the story i think is mostly to be true is this this one:

The Punjab in the pre-Mughal era was one of much civil wars between many kingdoms and new dynasties began to spread their dominions over other crumbling dynastic houses.

In the early thirteenth century, the Janjua chieftain, Raja Mal Khan rose to prominence. He increased his dominion over Hazara (later renamed Amb through his son Raja Tanoli, Jhelum through his son Raja Jodh, parts of Kashmir through Raja Khakha, Rajghar (later renamed Malot) Chakwal through his eldest Raja Bhir and what is today known as the Kahuta district through Raja Kala Khan. Tarikh-e-Alfi of the Ghorids makes a mention of the rise to power of Raja Mal.

According to Lepel H. Griffin, in Chiefs and Families of note in the Punjab (Lahore, 1910, ii, p254),:

"On the death of their father, they determined to divide the country called, from Raja Mal, the Maloki Dhan between them. Jodh took the Salt Range near about the Makrach, and captured the town of Makshala from a colony of Brahmins (Mohyals)...He changed its name to Makhiala and built a fort there and two tanks for rain water..... Wir Khan (also spelt Bhir), took the possession of Khura (also spelt Khewra) near modern Pind Dadan Khan."

The descendants of Raja Jodh continued to rule this region through various interruptions until the time of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Raja Bhir meanwhile took over the Malot (Rajghar) state from his father.

It was in this tradition that Raja Bhir's later descendant, Raja Malu Khan, allying his cousin Raja Mubarak Khan who was the descendant of Raja Jodh Khan, gained control of the region of Dhamial and Ranial.

According to the Tehreek-e-Janjua (Sahiwal Press, v1, p224), these two Rajas employed a sudden military onslaught to conquer the areas of Ranial and Dhamial. Through the repute of their military success, they were able to win the neighbouring gentry over to their own side and established good relations with them.

Raja Malu took the area of Hayal Ranial whilst Raja Mubarak took the Dhamial plain. Interestingly, Raja Malu's offspring were known as the Rajas of Ranial and Raja Mubarak's offspring likewise, were known as the Rajas of Dhamial. This later culminated in the recognition of these two branches as simply Ranial Rajas and Dhamial Rajas.

Being neighbours, they taxed their subjects separately, but followed common and shared policies on other matters such as the supply of soldiers to the Mughal emperors, cultivation and trade. A tradition which is maintained to this day in modern day Pakistan. However Dhamial in itself gained greater prominence but through the shared input of both branches. Today, there is an established military base in Dhamial.

The Dhamial are of both Raja and Jat status, as are many tribes of the Pothohar region.[1] Historically, members of a Rajput tribe did not touch the plough, but employed other communities to till their fields. The Dhamial Rajputs that took to agriculture became part of the Jat community bearing the title 'chaudhry' meaning baron or landlord (jagirdar). This title was conferred to zamindars by the sultan of delhi. The Dhamial account for themselves as having come originally from Ghazni to the Sialkot District, from whence t

by Tariq Fri Jun 21 19:26:54 UTC 2013

...they went to Dhamiak (Jhelum Tehsil) where Sultan Dhami khan built a fort. The area is known as Dhami qila (dhamakna or kot dhamiak). Sultan Dhami Khan ruled the area and fought a fierce war with Malik qadd khan gakhar.

(This Afghan connection is abit dodgy but we lots of green and blues in our area..)

They are chiefly found in the Rawalpindi District but also in Gujrat District, Jhelum District and Attock District of the Punjab and Mirpur District of Azad Kashmir. In Azad Kashmir, the Dhamial are the second largest Rajput-Jat tribe in the state.

and this one to explain why some many of us are now called Jatt or Choudry...btw Jatt was a martial race in the British Empire too! Allah Hafiz maybe Allah protect us for evil and bad practices. Ameen

by Tariq Fri Jun 21 19:31:22 UTC 2013

plz snd me information of raja dhami khan,father of rajputs.i m also belong to a rajput famialy of dhamial.03015635389

by raja adnan Wed Jun 26 06:05:59 UTC 2013

plz join dhamial family group on face book admin by ch iqbal dhamial .u will get all the answer .i have shajra all the detail .or call me 03366998234

by ch iqbal dhamial Tue Aug 13 19:39:54 UTC 2013

Assalamu alaikum,

It has been passed down generation after generation through my family that we are the children of Sultan Dhami Khan and he was a descendant of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam.

Panjeri is a town of Azad Kashmir, where there was a person called Fazal Ahmed. He was a Birth Registrar, meaning his job was to keep records of newborn babies i.e. their names, fathers’ names and date of birth. In those days local professionals such as the Birth Registrar, Tailor, Hairdresser, Blacksmith etc, were not paid hard cash as their salaries; instead they were paid commodities such as wheat or corn etc.

Fazal Ahmed used to go once or twice a year to collect his wages from his customers. He had memorized lists of family trees off by heart and whilst on his rounds collecting his wages, he would recite the family tree of customers upon request. I learnt from my parents and various relatives that Fazal Ahmed would also recite our family tree, in reverse order, mentioning the names of Sultan Dhami Khan, his father’s name Longah Khan and he would go all the way to the name of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam. During the recital of the list he never mentioned the tiles ‘Raja’ Dhami Khan or ‘Raja’ Longah Khan. Instead of that he would always use the title ‘Sultan’ Dhami Khan or his sons titles ‘Sardar’ Bakhtawar Khan and so on.

Sultan Anwar Khan is one of the forefathers of Sultan Dhami Khan and was martyred in 387 Hijri during the battle against Mahmud Ghaznavi. Later, Mahmud Ghaznavi was informed about the reality of Sultan Anwar Khan, that he was a descendant of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam. Ghaznavi greatly regretted his action of killing such a noble personality and as a result appointed Sultan Anwar Khan’s son Bukhari Khan to the post of General in his army in honor and respect of him. If Sultan Anwar Khan had been a descendent of the Rajput Tribe, then why was his lineage mentioned to Mahmud Ghaznavi as a descendant of the noble Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam? Mahmud Ghaznavi launched 17 campaigns against Rajput Kingdoms; he would not have appointed Bukhari Khan to the post of General in his army if he had been a descendant of Rajput Tribe or if he was not a descendant of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam.

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Sep 11 14:30:04 UTC 2013

Assalamu alaikum,

A brother named Tariq of Dhamial Tribe writes in the Rajput Dhamial Forum, that Dhamial account of themselves as having come originally from Ghazni to the Sialkot District, from where they went to Dhamiak where Sultan Dhami Khan built a fort and ruled the country.

If we read the above quotation whilst keeping in mind that Sultan Anwar Khan was martyred during the battle against Mahmud Ghaznavi in 387 Hijri, after which his son Bukhari Khan was made General by Mahmud Ghaznavi in his army (due to becoming aware of Sultan Anwar Khan’s ancestry to Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam) it indicates that this battle took place in Ghazni. Therefore we can assume that Sultan Anwar Khan and his immediate forefathers could have lived in Ghazni.
Furthermore, the family tree of Ch. Muhammad Hussain Dhamial of Windsor shows the martyrdom date of General Bukhari Khan in 413 Hijri, he was martyred as a Governor, supporting the fact that he could have been Governor of Ghazni. Another aspect is that Sultan Dhami Khan could have been born in Ghazni. We don’t know his date of birth or his place of birth but we do know that he died in 831 Hijri, if we count the period from the martyrdom date of Sultan Anwar Khan to the demise date of Sultan Dhami Khan, it is approximately 444 years. Sultan Dhami Khan could have been circa 25-35 years when his Tribe set off on the journey for Delhi through Northern India and later from Delhi to Kot Dhamiak in is leadership. Sultan Dhami Khan’s father, Longah Khan the Governor of Deccan was martyred in 770 Hijri so this means Sultan Dhami Khan died 61 years after his father’s martyrdom if we minus 61 from 444= 383. So they would have lived no more than 383 years in Ghazni, from the time of Sultan Anwar Khan’s Martyrdom to the time set off on the journey for India.

A tribe is always recognized by the name of its Patriarch, not by the titles like Raja or Choudary etc. Raja, Sultan and King are titles equivalent in meaning, only language differentiates them, Raja is a Sanskrit word, Sultan is an Arabic word and King is an English word. A king’s son can not be called King likewise a son of Raja can not be called Raja. A king’s son is called Prince likewise a son of Raja is called Rajput or Rajputra. Prince and Rajput or Rajputra are titles only adopted by true sons of a King or a Raja.

If one person calls another person Raja or Choudary, it is said so in honour or respect to that person. However, if someone writes the titles Raja or Choudary with his own name without it officially being given to him or he wants to be called Raja or Choudary, then it should only be considered his personal name not a title. Only, the Patriarch’s name written or called with personal name gives identity of a Tribe.

Allah almighty says in sura Al-Hujurat (Aya 13) O, mankind, indeed we have created you from a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another; verily the most honourable of you in the sight of Allah is the most careful of you; Surly Allah is Knowing and Aware.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sat Sep 14 19:45:57 UTC 2013

Where is it mentioned in Islamic history that Hazrat Yousaf AS descendants came to India or in Punjab or any reference of Asian historian mentioned of it. Please it should be a well known historian not a random local person who has been paid to write history of any family.

by guest Tue Oct 01 16:12:43 UTC 2013

How come Jats of Mirpur and Chaksawari claim descendants of Sultan Dhami of Kot Dhamiak who was a Rajput and Ruler of Pabi, Pothohar, his decendents in this area from Jhelum to Chakwal to Rawalpindi to Abbotabad are known as Rajas of Pothohar. It does not make sense and on top you are writing stories against Dhamial Rajputs how they became Rajputs. Its relay stupid to hear that someone from another state claims to be their children and write against his original descendants. It proves that you trying to improve your identity and to make it look real you are trying to say that you are right and they all are wrong, very sad, If due to some unknown reason you are unable to become Rajputs in your area, now you are trying to connect with Rajputs of another country to cover up your Jat cast.

by guest Tue Oct 01 16:34:50 UTC 2013

Sultan Adam Khan was a Gakhar Sardar brother of Sarrang Khan Gakhar, his grave is inside Rawat Fort.
Why are you printing false information. There were only Janjua or Later known as Dhamial rajputs and Gakhar rulers or Ranjit singh ruled this area. You are totally confused.

by guest Tue Oct 01 16:57:41 UTC 2013

Sultan Sarang
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2012)
Rawat Fort.JPG

Sultan Sarang was a chief of the Gakhar tribe which resided in the Pothohar region in Northern Punjab, modern day Pakistan. He was born in Pharwala fort and his father was a Gakhar chief Tatar Khan. Due to his services to Mughal emperor Babur, Sarang Khan was bestowed the title of Sultan by Emperor Babur.
Sarang's father Takar Khan or Tattar Khan allied with Mughal Emperor Babur on his campaign of Hind. However, Hathi Gakhar had assassinated Takar or Tattar in a late night raid on his camp, capturing his possessions, his women and wealth. Whence Hathi Khan was defeated by Babur (who recruited the local Janjua Rajputs for this battle), he was later assassinated by an aged Sarang through poison. Sarang, now claimed leadership of the turbulent Gakhar tribe, inheriting also the title of Sultan from Mughal Babur.
Rawat Fort Main gate.JPG

When Sher Shah Suri expelled Mughal Humayun the son of Babur, Sarang resisted Sher Shah on the notion of loyalty to the ousted Mughal.
Sultan Sarang was later captured by Emperor Sher Shah and flayed alive.[2] His daughter was handed to Mughal commander Khawas Khan in accordance with the Imperial order of revenge upon Sarang for his refractory rebellion against the Suri Empire.[3]
Sultan Sarang died in 1546 CE and is buried in tomb in Rawat Fort. His brother Adam Khan assumed leadership of the tribe upon his demise.
Sultan Raja Erij Zaman Khan is the present chief.
References

Jump up ^ The Panjab Chiefs: Historical and Biographical Notices of the Principal Families in the Lahore and Rawalpindi Divisions of the Panjab by Lepel Henry Griffin, Charles Francis Massy, Publ. Civil and Military Gazette press, 1890, p. 356
Jump up ^ The History of India, as Told by Its Own Historians: The Muhammadan Period by Henry Miers Elliot, John Dowson - India - 1963, p. 278
Jump up ^ Tārīk̲h̲-i-Śēr Śāhī by ʻAbbās Khān Sarvānī, Brahmadeva Prasad Ambashthya, Publ K.P.Jayaswal Research Institute, 1974 p. 556

by Khalid Dhami Thu Oct 03 12:08:49 UTC 2013

Tomb of Adham Khan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 28°31′24.43836″N 77°10′56.13″E

Adham Khan's tomb, which also house the tomb of his mother, Maham Anga, Mehrauli, Delhi.
Adham Khan's Tomb (Hindi: आधम खान का मकबरा, Urdu: ادھم خان کا مزار ) tomb lies to the north of the Qutub Minar, Mehrauli, Delhi, immediately before one reaches the town of Mehrauli, built 1561,[1] it is now a protected monument by Archeological Survey of India.[2]
Contents [hide]
1 Architecture
2 History
3 Further reading
4 References
5 External links
Architecture[edit]

Adham Khans tomb, surrounding archway, Mehrauli
It lies on the walls of Lal Kot and rising from a terrace enclosed by an octagonal wall provided with low towers at the corners. It consists of a domed octagonal chamber in the Lodhi Dynasty style and Sayyid dynasty early in the 14th century. It has a verandah on each side pierced by three openings. It is known popularly as Bul-bulaiyan (a Labyrinth or Maze), for a visitor often loses his way amidst the several passages in the thickness of its walls.[3]
History[edit]

Adham Khan tomb interior, Mehrauli, Delhi
Adham Khan, son of Maham Anga, a wet nurse of Akbar, was a nobleman and general in Akbar's army. In 1561, he fell out with Ataga Khan, Akbar's Prime Minister, and husband of Ji Ji Anga, another wet nurse, and killed him, whereupon he was thrown down from the ramparts of Agra Fort twice, by the order of the emperor Akbar and died [4]
His mother after fortieth day of mourning also died out of grief, and both were buried in this tomb believed to be commissioned built by Akbar, in a conspicuous octagonal design, not seen in any Mughal building of that era, a designed perhaps designated to the traitors, as it was common design features visible in the tombs of the previous Sur Dynasty, and also the Lodhi dynasty now within the present Lodhi Gardens (Delhi), which the Mughals considered traitors.[5]

Qutub Minar from Adham Khan
In 1830s, a British officer named Blake of Bengal Civil Service, converted this tomb into his residential apartment and removed the graves to make way for his dining hall. Though the officer died soon, it continued to be used as a rest house for many years by the British, and at one point even as a police station and a post office. The tomb was vacated and later restored by the orders of Lord Curzon,[6] and the grave of Adham Khan has since been restored to the site, and lies right below the central dome, though that of his mother Maham Anga never was.
Further reading

Adham Khan's Tomb The Delhi that No-one Knows, by R.V. Smith. Orient Longman, 2005. ISBN 81-8028-020-9. Page 18.
Mughals Dictionary of Islamic architecture, by Andrew Petersen. Routledge, 1996. ISBN 0-415-06084-2. Page 203.
The Cambridge History of India: Mughal Period, by Edward James Rapson. Published by University Press, 1937. Page 532 Tomb of Adham Khan.
Delhi and Its Neighbourhood, by Y. D. Sharma. Published by Director General, Archaeological Survey of India, 1974. Page 60-61.
Islamic Tombs in India : The Iconography and Genesis of Their Design, by Fredrick W. Bunce. (Series : Contours of Indian Art and Architecture No. 2. 2004.) ISBN 81-246-0245-X. Chapt. 20.
Annual York-Noor Lecture Series: “Murder, Mausolea and the Emperor Akbar: Two Early Mughal Tombs” York University
Mughal Architecture of Delhi : A Study of Mosques and Tombs (1556-1627 A.D.), by Praduman K. Sharma, Sundeep, 2001, ISBN 81-7574-094-9. Chap. 9.
References

Jump up ^ Adham Khan Tomb archnet.org.
Jump up ^ List of Monuments - Delhi- Delhi Circle (N.C.T. of Delhi) Archeological Survey of India.
Jump up ^ Ashri, Shashi Bhushan (2010). Delhi: A city of cities. Delhi, India: Anubhav Prakashan. p. 38. ISBN 978-93-8005-320-2.
Jump up ^ What makes a man great? The Tr

by Khalid Dhami Thu Oct 03 12:44:18 UTC 2013

Mubarak I hope the refrences i have given you are better than a Phand's memories.
You know what are Phands...Marasies and you are giving us reference of a phand.

by Khalid Dhami Thu Oct 03 12:47:53 UTC 2013

Assalamualaikum,

From Sultan Dhami Khan to our time, six centuries and fifteen generations have passed during this era we have
always been told by our forefathers that we are descendants of Sultan Dhami Khan and his bloodline goes back to Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam, so this is a proof and Dhamial’s have unshakable faith on it.

After the invasion of Assyrians, the ten tribes of Bani Israel were forced to leave their homeland and they set on journeys towards various parts of the globe, peoples of Manshah and Ephraim tribes travelled in the direction of Asia and ultimately they reached and settled in the areas of Afghanistan, Hindustan and Kashmir. In present time descendants of Manshah tribe are known as Dhamial, Yusufzai and Khatak and descendants of Ephraim tribe are known as Afridi.

Sultan Dhami Khan was a descendant of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam, how and when did his ancestors became Rajput? There was no tribe called Dhamial Rajput in his lifetime. Four centuries after his death this name of Dhamial Rajput came into existence. Initially having been excluded from recruitment due to a conspiracy by rival tribes, when dhamial elders confronted the authorities, they were allowed to join the British Indian Army under the name of Rajput, Janjua and Awan Tribes.

Rajas of Pothohar are descendants of Rajputs likewise Dhamials of Pothohar and Azad Kashmir are descendants of Sultan Dhami Khan of Kot Dhamiak.

There are numerous theories about the origin of the Jats, ranging from their sudden appearance from Shiva's locks to their lineage in the Aryan race. Dhami is another tribe; they are descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan.

Fazal Ahmed was a Registrar of Birth and a family tree preserver (in Urdu Nasab Daan and in English Genealogist). Looking down upon somebody because of his caste or profession is a worse kind of bigotry which is not permitted in Islam and not acceptable by civilized societies.

Read the translation of Sura Al-Hujurat Ayat 13 and ponder on its message.

O mankind, indeed we have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. (Al-Hujurat Ayat 13).

To read the poem about Sultan Dhami Khan in Urdu Text copy & paste www.dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk

by Mubarak Dhamial Mon Oct 14 17:59:33 UTC 2013

Assalamualaikum,

To read the poem about Sultan Dhami Khan in Urud text highlight & click on Open Link www.dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk

by Mubarak Dhamial Tue Oct 15 13:36:38 UTC 2013

Congratulation M. Tariq and Raja Adnan because Mr. Mubarak knows about Dhami Jats of india and I only used Khalid Dhami instead of Dhamial so he's gona speak the truth about himself. We all know that Kashmir was and still is ruled by jats of Hindu background and Dhami Jats of Himalya Pardesh still have Dhami Princely State and now their Raja is called Raja Partap Singh at present.
Now if Kashmir was ruled by Hindus or Sikhs, after Kashmir was sold to English without struggle, there were jats still living in Kasmir afterword.
Some of those Kashmiries were called Dhami aals mean Dhami's people, later when they accepted islam they started using word Dhami AAl as Dhamial or Dham Yaals.
This is also a fact that till 1975 people from Mirpur and other area were really poor and they used to come to Pothohaar for work usually in farms or washing Blankets etc, you can ask your elders if any doubts. Now when they came here they heard about Dhamials and lied to their children that they are children of Sultan Dhami Khan, at present they are still called Jats in Kashmir and unfortunately vary low level Jats because they are still ruled by Thathaals, Rathores, Sudhans, Khawajas and Jaraal etc.
Now because most people from Mirpur, Chaksawari etc. came to U.K and Europe and they made a lot of money and their 3rd generation in Europe wants to know who really they are? some how they found materiel on internet about Sultan Dhami Khan and it reminded them of those thing said by their for-fathers that They are really Dhamials and because its difficult to be accepted by Dhamial Rajputs of Pothohaar, they found a new indentity of Egyptian ancestry and using Sultan Dhami Khan's name even though they even don't have any record of who is called Sultan Dhami,whats his real name in history or which of his sons children they are only working on guesses they are so desprit that started writing on net and started blogs about Sultan Dhami khan.
I asked this man to give us evidence and he's telling same story without any historical evidence or Islamic history's references which shows that hazrat Yousaf AS's children came to this area apart from Egypet and Africa. Now he's talking about Quraan's iyats. For his information Quraan also says Momen will only talk with Dallil and if someone has not got a Dallil he's a liar. So if you can't give reference or evidence which is acceptable please don't hurt Sultan Dhami's soul, He was a very noble and spiritual ruler and he stood by islamic faith and lost his battle with Gakhars or Khakhars or Khokhars different names in history who were also responsible for the death of Shehab ud Din of Ghor Afganistan in Kot Dhamiak.
His children at later stage took over this area once again and lost battle with Ranjit Singh.
Later again when English took over they came back in power some started using Janjua which was used by Raja Mall because he reverted to islam at a place called Ja Naja or Junaj thats why he was also known as Janjua. But later his sons used their own names as ruler like Sultan Dhami Khan. Some of Janjua in Jhelum are known as Dhamials in Gujarkhan and Sohawa, Ranial in Jhelum, Khakha in Kahoota, Tarnoli or Tanoli in Hazara and Kala in Kashmir. If you wana know famous Dhamial Rajputs or Janjua Rajputs check the list of Muslim Rajputs or Janjua Rajputs or Ranial Rajputs or infect Dhamial Rajputs. If you all are sultans children you should be in main streem politics or Army officers in Kashmir. Just to add I have heard there are Tailis in Mirpur they use Janjua as their cast which is a proof that in Occupied area anyone can call themselves Gilani or Janjua or Bhati or Gakhar who cares.

At last Dhamials don't need to change their Identity because 1st Muslim Rajput General of English Army is called Raja Iftakhar Khan of Chakwal who is of Raja Mall blood line, may be in your area of Kashmir you had to use Rajput in fact Dhamial Rajput to get jobs in English army.

by guest Mon Oct 21 17:10:12 UTC 2013

I have a suggestion for you, in Kashmir there were alots of tribe came with Mehmood Ghaznawi like Saduzai which are known as Sudhans and are called Sardars, there's another tribe came with him called YousafZai like you must have heard of Malal Yousafzai, they mostly are in Afganistan or Pakhtoon Khawa. If you try to link your self with them would be a better idea if they accept you? or just stay as Dhami Jats not Dhamials. Thanks

by guest Mon Oct 21 17:18:32 UTC 2013

Also check Dhami Royal Family in Google and you will find out about Dhami Jats

by guest Mon Oct 21 17:35:17 UTC 2013

Assalamu Alaikum,

The poem I wrote about Sultan Dhami Khan on www.Dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk reflects my identity. I don’t need to tell lies about my tribal status as an imposter like yourself who pretend to be Rajput because of being victim of inferiority complex and also lacking faculty to accept the truth even if it comes from your forefathers.

Descendants of Sardar Lohor Khan and Sardar Bakhtawar Khan elder and youngest sons of Sultan Dhami Khan are in complete agreement that we are descendants of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam through his blood line to Sultan Dhami Khan of Kot Dhamiak.

Source of any evidence or reference can be word of mouth, it is not necessary that it must be in written text. The important fact is what has been said and who has said. Now I will refer you to Raja Amir Dhamial, younger brother of respected spiritual personality of Pothohar, Sheikh Tariq Dhamial, they are also descendants of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam, he has confirmed in a conversation on Facebook that his elders said they are Egyptian and their blood line goes back to Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam, also Sheikh Tariq Dhamial has on numerous occasions stated that Dhamials are descendants of Prophet Yusuf Alaihi-Salam.

In the book Punjabi Musalmans by Capitan Hamilton, he writes about Dhamials, that they account for themselves as having come originally from Ghazni to the Sialkot District from where they went to Kot Dhamiak and built a fort, so this is a written evidence that backs claim of Dhamials they are not descendants of Raja Mal Khan because his blood line originates from Rajput Tribe.

There is no mention of Sultan Dhami Khan or Dhamial Tribe in books called Chiefs and families of note in Punjab, Tarikh-e-Farishta or Punjabi Castes. If you know any book which contains information about Sultan Dhami Khan or Dhamial Tribe then print that reference on this forum including page number, line or paragraph.

It seems that you are going through Jat phobia but worry not if you’re a Rajput then they are your cousins because both originate from Hindu blood line.
Finally whether you’re Rajput, Dhami Jat or Dhamial you should have a name, don’t conceal yourself under guest name.

by Mubarak Dhamial Mon Oct 28 13:58:55 UTC 2013

www.Dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk

by Mubarak Dhamial Mon Oct 28 14:04:58 UTC 2013

Yes we are Rajput and very Proud Rajput of Pothohaar and your mentality shows that people who accepted Islam hundreds of years ago you still hate them and saying that hour bloodline is Hindu, Sham on you and your elders, who lied to you that you are not only Dhamial but from the blood line of Holly Prophet.

You can not be from the bloodline of Hazrat Yousaf AS because his blood is pure and will give more respect to who reverted to islam than a born Muslim. You have insulted Sultan Dhami Khan and his elders.
I asked you to prove it with proof and again you are talking about what ever your elders have told you. Come to reality and face it.

Did word Islam came before Hazrat Muhammad AS's Prophasy or before his time there was a relegion called Islam. Even his father and forefathers were Muslims ?

Who are Israilies? One need to think before opening his mouth!

Now its pointless to discuss anymore with you when you have so much hate for Rajputts and Jatts because they are from Hindu bloodline even though they were ruling this area and help to spread Islam in Hindustan.

by Raja Khalid Khan Dhamial of Kahoota Tue Oct 29 20:07:34 UTC 2013

Assalamu Alaikum,

May Allah give you intellect to respect the elders; don’t forget that the elders of Shaykh Tariq Dhamial and Raja Amir Dhamial have also told them that they are from the bloodline of Holy Prophet Yusuf alaihi-salam. What will you call them liars and shameful?

I don’t hate any tribe, race or religion and I consider those who converted to Islam, equal in status to any other Muslim. Bloodline determines parentage (Nasal) not a religion; Dhamial and Rajput are two different bloodlines and two different tribes.

You asked when Islam began. The preaching of Islam actually starts from Prophet Adam alaihi-salam and ends up to Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu-alaihi-wasallam and all those Prophets who came between them they all preached Islam.

You have raised the question about the faith of Holy Parents of Holy Prophet Muhammad sallalahu-alaihi-wasallam. Shaykh Muhaddith Dehlwi radi Allahu anhu said that the parents of all Prophets were never disbelievers.

Another point to remember is that if the parents of Prophet Muhammad sallalahu-alaihi-wasallam were disbelievers why were their names “Abdullah and Aaminah”? The meaning of Abdullah is “Slave of Allah” and Aaminah means “One with Faith.”

A Tradition extracted from Bukhari found in Mishkaat, under the chapter “Fazaa’il Syedul Mursaleen” contains the following words of Prophet Muhammad sallalahu-alaihi-wasallam “ I have been sent from the best group of the children of Adam, from one group to the next, till I am in that group which I am.”

You have also raised the question, who are Israelis? Prophet Yaqub alaihi-salam his appellation was Israel therefore, his children are called Bani Israel they are people of The Book, they were twelve tribes including Manshah Tribe, in 722BC Assyrian invaded their land Canaan (Nowadays Israel) and deported them from Canaan. They travelled in various directions of the glob such as Africa, Europe and Asia. Ancestors of Sultan Dhami Khan finally reached and settled in Pothohar and Kashmir.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Nov 10 22:55:28 UTC 2013

Continuing from post above…

Historic facts of Dhamial and Rajput Tribes confirm that they are two different bloodlines and Tribes. Sultan Dhami Khan and Raja Ajmal Khan are two different patriarchs’ founders of two different tribes Dhamial and Muslim Rajput.

 In 997AD Sultan Anwar Khan one of the ancestors of Sultan Dhami Khan, was martyred during the battle against Mahmud Ghaznavi. At that time no Rajput had converted to Islam.

 In 1022AD Bukhari Khan and Bhoj Khan, son and grandson of Sultan Anwar Khan, were martyred and at that point in time no Rajput had converted to Islam.

 In 1030AD Lakhan Khan was martyred, at that time no Rajput had converted to Islam.

 In 1097AD Haidar Khan was martyred and yet no Rajput had converted to Islam.

 In the early 12th century between 1101 and 1150, first Rajput Raja Ajmal Khan, son of Raja Dhrupet Dev, converted to Islam in the era of Saif Khan one of the ancestors of Sultan Dhami Khan.

 The people of Dhamial Tribe who joined The British Indian Army in the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901 also Empress of India 1876-1901) were asked to add the tribal name Rajput with their tribal name Dhamial to join The British Indian Army and they did so, thus Dhamial became Dhamial Rajput and lost their true identity.

 Raja Ajmal Khan and his descendant Raja Mal Khan had no blood relationship with Sultan Dhami Khan of Kot Dhamiak.

If you know any book which contains reference about Sultan Dhami Khan that proves Sultan Dhami Khan’s bloodline to Raja Mal Khan or Raja Ajmal Khan bring it forward.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Nov 10 23:01:26 UTC 2013

Iam a British born I don't know much about cast, but I never been back home because of rishtay, I always been heard jatt as high cast, so I found my brother birth certificate it said Damjal Rajput. But my friend say's his cast jatt is higher. pakistan near bewal samote. village malik pur

by guest Thu Nov 14 19:37:21 UTC 2013

basically dhamiyals are rajputs.rajput could't be associated with hinduism.before the fifth century ad the main religeon of the peoples of subcontinent is buddism, and the history of rajpoots was traced to nearly 4000-5000 BC.

by guest Sun Mar 16 13:34:31 UTC 2014

donot act as those numerous casts whom had builted there shajras and stories of there own and contradicted each other and made there geniune character douubtfull. noble character shows noble blood not the reference.

by guest Sun Mar 16 14:00:38 UTC 2014

Salaam.
I have a question for you brother as I am from the A.K Kandoor. As it says on the Info that that (8) Sardar Bakhtawar Khan, his descendents live in Kandor, which where I am from. Dose any one know what were names of sardar Bakhtaran were?

by guest Mon Apr 21 08:36:21 UTC 2014

wa,alikum salam,

Sardar Bakhtawar Khan was the younger son of Sultan Dhami Khan. I don’t know exactly how many sons Sardar Bakhtawar Khan had but he had at lest one son called Inder Khan and grandson Malook Khan they are my forefathers I am eleventh generation from Malook Khan.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Apr 27 15:43:43 UTC 2014

Jk
Brother. My for father Was bawa sirkaru not sure what his fathers name was he had 2 son Gulum Hasan who is my fathers grandad! I am trying to find out what was the name of as I have know bawa sirkaru dad and grandfather who came from kot dhamial. Thanks

by guest Sun Apr 27 21:51:15 UTC 2014

AaslamuAliakum
I wonder if you have information Dhami family from chanduwal ? Baba Eda and Midaa Baksh
Thanks

by guest Tue Jun 03 23:39:50 UTC 2014

asSalaamu alaykum,
my maternal side live in Chak Sharaf Shah, Dadyal.
They are from Dhamial tribe.
Can someone message the lineage from Dhami Khan [rua] until Adam [as]?

facebook: xakeelx

by Akeel Arshad Tue Jun 24 18:21:40 UTC 2014

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody claims to be the son of any other than his real father knowingly, he but disbelieves in Allah, and if somebody claims to belong to some folk to whom he does not belong, let such a person take his place in the (Hell) Fire."
[Sahih Bukhary]

by Akeel Arshad Tue Jun 24 18:34:36 UTC 2014

My maternal side are Dhamyaal, from Chak Sharaf Shah
My paternal side are Thathaal, from Darunny, Dadyal.

I would like to know the tribes' true lineage in-shaa-Allaah.

@Mubarak, brother. Your statement about parents of all prophets [alayhimus salaam] is incorrect, Ibraaheem's [as] father was a kaafir.

by Akeel Arshad Wed Jun 25 16:13:55 UTC 2014

wa,alikum salam,

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has said that the essence of his existence had been transmitted and ultimately conveyed to his immediate parents through a PURE, a Holy and Sanctified Progeny.

Ibn Katheer in his work on history writes:

Ibrahim (as) was the son of Tarakh. When Tarakh was 75 years of age, Ibrahim (as) was born to him.

This is also confirmed by Imam Tabari, as he gives the lineage of Ibrahim's (AS)

Family in his history collection, but then also in his Commentary of the Qur'an he states that 'Azar' was NOT the father of Ibrahim (AS).

It is certain through verses and hadiths that all of the grandfathers of our Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) are clean believers. To say the opposite means to deny verses and hadiths.

In the 28th verse of the chapter At-Tawbah, it is stated that the polytheists are unclean. It is stated that all of the grandfathers of our Prophet (PBUH) are clean.

In the Qur'an, the Uncle is called the Father.

Hazrat Ismael is the uncle of Hazrat Jacob (Yaqub). However, in the Qur'an, “your father Ismael” is used instead of “your uncle Ismael”. His children say to Hazrat Yaqub," thy fathers―of Abraham Ismael and Isaac..." (AL-Baqara, 2-133) that is, "your father Ibrahim, your father Ismael and your father Isaac...". As a matter of fact, Hazrat Ismael is Hazrat Yaqub's uncle, not father. It is stated in the interpretations that in the Qur'an, the uncle is called the father.

It is customary to call the uncle, the stepfather, the father-in-law and charitable people as ‘father’ not only among Arabs but also among other nations.

We call people who help others as “father” or “father of the poor” figuratively. We also call old people “father” to show respect to them.

In his book, Kitabud-darj-il-munifa, Imam Suyuti proves that Azar is Hazrat Ibrahim’s uncle with evidence and resources.

by Mubarak Dhamial Sat Jul 05 16:07:28 UTC 2014

by Mubarak Dhamial Sat Jul 05 17:20:51 UTC 2014

i need shajera nasab of dhamial family .any one who can help me .i will contact above cited cell numbers as well.

by raja haider ali Dhamial Wed Jul 09 18:04:46 UTC 2014

Dhamial (Jat) and Dhamial (Rajput)

The Dhamial (Jat) and Dhamial (Rajput) both claim to be Janjua Rajputs, by origin. They should not be confused with the Dhanyal, who are entirely distinct tribe.
In the early thirteenth century, the Janjua chieftain, Raja Mal Khan rose to prominence. He increased his dominion over Hazara (later renamed Amb) through his son Raja Tanoli, Jhelum through his son Raja Jodh, parts of Kashmir through Raja Khakha, Rajghar (later renamed Malot) Chakwal through his eldest Raja Bhir and what is today known as the Kahuta district through Raja Kala Khan. Tarikh-e-Alfi of the Ghorids makes a mention of the rise to power of Raja Mal.
According to Lepel H. Griffin, in Chiefs and Families of note in the Punjab (Lahore, 1910, ii, p254),:
"On the death of their father, they determined to divide the country called, from Raja Mal, the Maloki Dhan between them. Jodh took the Salt Range near about the Makrach, and captured the town of Makshala from a colony of Brahmins (Mohyals)...He changed its name to Makhiala and built a fort there and two tanks for rain water..... Wir Khan (also spelt Bhir), took the possession of Khura (also spelt Khewra) near modern Pind Dadan Khan."
The descendants of Raja Jodh continued to rule this region through various interruptions until the time of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Raja Bhir meanwhile took over the Malot (Rajghar) state from his father.
It was in this tradition that Raja Bhir's later descendant, Raja Malu Khan, allying his cousin Raja Mubarak Khan who was the descendant of Raja Jodh Khan, gained control of the region of Dhamial and Ranial.
The Dhamial of Rawalpindi Tehsil consider themselves to beRajput, and are accepted as such by their neighbours. They are found in the Kharora Circle, with the villages of Dhamial,Takht Pari, Traya, Khail Dhamyal and Sher Dhamial villages. In Kallar Syedan Tehsil, Sahib Dhamial is an important village.
In Jhelum, the Dhamial consider themselves to be Jats, and intermarry with other Jat tribe, such as the Chhina, Cheema and Sandhu of the region.
In Jhelum District, Dhamial Jats are found in Mamuri Dhamial, Dheri Dhamial and Rakha Dhamial. The town of Dhamiak remains a centre of the tribe in Jhelum.
In Gujar Khan Tehsil, they are found in Dolmi Dhamial and Dhamial, and neighbouring hamlets (dhoks).

by Raja Shujah Khan Dhamial Sat Jul 26 01:07:10 UTC 2014

Dhamial (Rajput)

The Dhamial Rajputs of the Pothohar Plateau are a branch of the famed Janjua Rajput clan. The Janjua Rajput (Punjabi ਜਨ੍ਜੁਅ, Urdu: جنجوعہ) (also spelt Janjuha, Janjuah) is a highly dominant royal warrior clan of Northern India and Pakistan. They are known as the most Valiant Kshatriyas (Warriors) of Punjab. Their warlike nature and dominant rule of their kingdoms against other tribes earned them a powerful reputation in Western Punjab, the Jhelum Valley of Kashmir.The Janjua is a dominant warlike clan of the Punjab and has played a key role throughout Punjabi history - from becoming one of the first Rajput clans to convert to Islam to being the first to begin salt mining in the Salt Range of Western Punjab plains. They aided the Mughal conqueror Babur conquest of India, as well as today providing many soldiers and highly decorated generals to the Pakistani Army.

Under the British Raj of India, they were designated as a Martial Race and provided strong numbers to the British Imperial Army and fought in both World Wars.

The Gazetteer of the Rawalpindi District records, "They (Janjua) are very proud of their ancestry, make good soldiers...they are usually addressed as "Rája", and stand very high in social rank." (Sang-e-Meel, 2001, Lahore, p105).

Panjab Castes also confirms, "Dominant tribe of proud position, such as the Janjúa, have retained their pride of lineage and their Rájpút title...and always addressed as Rája." (Denzil Ibbetson, Delhi, 2002, p. 132, p. 149, p. 154).

Dhamial Rajputs were easily recognised by their many features. Characteristics that include smooth skin, long eye shape and fair colour.

"High courage, patriotism, loyalty, honour, hospitality and simplicity are qualities which at once must be conceded to them." - Col. James Tod, classical British writer on Rajputs and their History.

Contents

1 History
2 The Janjua conquest
3 The Dhamial Rajput family tree missing
4 References
4.1 See also
History

The Punjab in the pre-Mughal era was one of much civil wars between many kingdoms and new dynasties began to spread their dominions over other crumbling dynastic houses.

In the early thirteenth century, the Janjua chieftain, Raja Mal Khan rose to prominence. He increased his dominion over Hazara (later renamed Amb through his son Raja Tanoli, Jhelum through his son Raja Jodh, parts of Kashmir through Raja Khakha, Rajghar (later renamed Malot) Chakwal through his eldest Raja Bhir and what is today known as the Kahuta district through Raja Kala Khan. Tarikh-e-Alfi of the Ghorids makes a mention of the rise to power of Raja Mal.

The Janjua conquest

According to the Tehreek-e-Janjua (Sahiwal Press, v1, p224), these two Rajas employed a sudden military onslaught to conquer the areas of Ranial and Dhamial. Through the repute of their military success, they were able to win the neighbouring gentry over to their own side and established good relations with them.

by Raja Shujah Khan Dhamial Sat Jul 26 01:18:38 UTC 2014

DHAMIAL RAJPUTS

BANGIAL, BAGHIAL, BHAKRAL, DHAMIAL AND HON TRIBES
Standard
This is my second posting on the lesser known tribes of the Pothohar region of Pakistan. I shall look at the Baghial, Bangial, Bhakral, Hon and Dhamial, the first four of these tribes claim ancestry from the Panwar tribe. Let me start off with a brief note of the Panwar, or sometimes pronounced as Parmar or Puar. The Panwar were dynasty that in early medieval India ruled over the Malwa region in central India. Like the Chauhans, the Panwar are from the fire born or Agnivansh branch of the Rajputs. Quite a number of tribes in Pothohar and neighbouring Chibhal region claim descent from the Panwars, all having some tradition of migration from central India, followed by conversion to Islam at the hands of a particular Sufi saint. Many of these tribes also have traditions of initially settling in the region known as Chibhal. This territory lies between Tawi and Jhelum rivers, with the Pir Panjal Mountains forming its northing boundary and gets its name from the Chib tribe (to whom I intend to return in latter blogs). Presently, Chibhal is divided by the line of control, with Mirpur and Bhimber districts within Pakistani Kashmir, and districts of Rajauri, Reasi, and parts of Jammu west of the Tawi in Indian Kashmir. Below is the list of tribes that were classified as Jat in Rawalpindi District by 1911 Census of India:

Tribe Rawalpindi Tehsil Gujar Khan Tehsil Murree Tehsil Kahuta Tehsil Total
Aura 380 230 610
Baghial 72 3 21 96
Bangial 727 445 32 1,204
Boria 30 16 46
Chhina 9 4 13
Dhamial 513 635 286 68 1,502
Dhamtal 520 520
Gondal 424 303 89 816
Hindan 262 279 541
Kalyal 9 120 129
Kanyal 149 149
Khatril 49 1,729 219 2,004
Magial 66 3 69
Mial 25 25
Sial 420 420
Sudhan 104 71 174
Thathaal 53 53

Bangial

So who are the Bangial, sometimes written as Bangyal, and we have go back to my first post on the Pothohar tribes. The word al means son of in number of dialects that fall within Lahnda. According to the Bangials themselves, they are descended from a Rajah Bangash Khan, a Panwar Rajput, who arrived in the Pothohar region from central India, hence the name Bangash al, shortened to Bangyal. This Bangash Khan is also seen as ancestor by the closely related Baghial tribe. Like many of their neighbours such as the Kalyal, some groups of Bangial consider themselves as Jats, while other see themselves as Rajputs. In Gujranwala, Gujrat and Jhelum districts of Punjab, and Mirpur District of Azad Kashmir, the Bangial strongly identify themselves as Jat, and intermarry with tribes of Jat status, such as the Warriach and Tarar. But as we move towards Dina and neighbouring Gujar Khan tehsils, almost all the Bangial claim Rajput ancestry, so briefly we can summarize, that the Jhelum River divides these two groups.

Looking at major Bangial villages, starting off with Rawalpindi District, we have Changa Bangial (now actually a fair sized town), Dhok Bangial, Chehari Bangial, Khalabat, Pharwal Bangial, Wasla Bangial and Dhok Bangial in Gujar Khan Tehsil, Pind Dara, Darihala Bangial, Bura Bangial, Kala Bangial and Marri Bangial in Rawalpindi tehsil, and Suhot Bangial in Kahuta Tehsil. In the neighbouring Islamabad Capital territory, they have two villages, namely Jhanga Bangial and Bora Bangial. Outside this core area, Bangial are found in Mirpur District in Azad Kashmir, several villages near the town of Sohawa in Jhelum District, the village of Nambal near Kallar Kahar, Gora Bangial in Attock District, and Bangial in Gujrat District. A small cluster of Bangial villages are found near the town of Darya Khan in Bhakkar District.

Baghial

Closely related to the Bangial, the Baghial a tribe found entirely in Rawalpindi District, where they occupy five villages in Gujar Khan Tehsil. They are often confused with the Bughial, who are clan of the Gakhar tribe, but with whom they have no relations. The common ancestor of both tribes is Bangash Khan, the Baghial being descended fr

by guest Sat Jul 26 01:31:22 UTC 2014

Dhamial (also written as Dhamyal)

Like the other tribes looked, some sections of the Dhamial claim Jat status, while other stress the fact that they are Rajput. The Dhamial are chiefly found in the Rawalpindi District but also in Gujrat District, Jhelum District and Attock District of the Punjab and Mirpur District of Azad Kashmir. In Azad Kashmir, the Dhamial are the second largest Rajput-Jat tribe in the state.

However, unlike the previous three tribes discussed, the Dhamial make no claim to Panwar ancestry, but have a number of traditions as to there origin. Most however agree that they are descended from a Raja Dhami Khan, hence the name Dhami al, or sons of Dhami. They also point to the town of Dhamiak in Jhelum District as where the tribe originated from. According to one of the traditions, Raja Dhami Khan came from Ghazni in Afghanistan, built a fort in Dhamiak, ruins of which are still in existence, and defeted the Gakhar rulers of the region to establish control. The fort is still known in the local vernacular as dhami kot (fort of dhami in the vernacular), and the town of Dhamiak is simply said to be a corruption of the word dhami kot. Most traditions however claim that Dhami Khan was a Janjua Rajput, and they are infact a clan of the Janjua tribe. In latter posts, I shall look further into the history of this well known tribe.

I shall now look a bit more detail in the traditions of Janjua ancestry. In the early thirteenth century, the Janjua chieftain, Raja Mal Khan rose to prominence. He increased his dominion over Hazara (later renamed Amb) through his son Raja Tanoli, Jhelum through his son Raja Jodh, parts of Kashmir through Raja Khakha, Rajghar (later renamed Malot) Chakwal through his eldest Raja Bhir and what is today known as the Kahuta tehsil through Raja Kala Khan. Tarikh-e-Alfi of the Ghorids makes a mention of the rise to power of Raja Mal.
According to Lepel H. Griffin, in Chiefs and Families of note in the Punjab (Lahore, 1910, ii, p254)

””On the death of their father, they determined to divide the country called, from Raja Mal, the Maloki Dhan between them. Jodh took the Salt Range near about the Makrach, and captured the town of Makshala from a colony of Brahmins (Mohyals)…He changed its name to Makhiala and built a fort there and two tanks for rain water….. Wir Khan (also spelt Bhir), took the possession of Khura (also spelt Khewra) near modern Pind Dadan Khan.””

The descendants of Raja Jodh continued to rule this region through various interruptions until the time of the Sikh ruler Ranjit Singh. Raja Bhir meanwhile took over the Malot (Rajghar) state from his father. The descendants of Raja Jodh continued to rule this region through various interruptions until the time of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Raja Bhir meanwhile took over the Malot (Rajghar) state from his fatherIt was in this tradition that Raja Bhir’s later descendant, Raja Malu Khan, allying his cousin Raja Mubarak Khan who was the descendant of Raja Jodh Khan, gained control of the region of Dhamial and Ranial.

Dhamial villages in Jhelum District include Kotla Faqir, Mamuri Dhamial, Mohra Lal, Dheri Dhamial and Rakha Dhamial. The town of Dhamiak remains the centre of the tribe in the district. While in Gujar Khan Tehsil, there villages include Mohra Salyal, Dolmi Dhamial and Dhamial, in Rawalpindi Tehsil, important villages are Khail Dhamyal and Sher Dhamial, and in Kallar Syedan Tehsil, Sahib Dhamial is an important village. While in Azad Kashmir, they are found in the villages of Dehri Dhamial and Nakkah Dhamial.

Hon

Finally, we will look at the Hon or Hun or sometimes also pronounced as Hoon. Like the first three tribes looked at, the Hon claim to be Panwar Rajputs, claiming descent from a Raja Judgeo. There migration is said to have occurred in the latter Middle Ages, and they intermarry with other tribes that claim Panwar ancestry. However, the name Hoon sounds unmistakable like the way H

by guest Sat Jul 26 01:39:13 UTC 2014

Assalamu Alaikum

Sultan Dhami Khan of Kot Dhamiak was a descendant of Israeli Prophet Yusuf alaihi-salam. He was not a descendant of Rajputs, to read more highlight and click on this link www.Dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Jul 30 14:06:14 UTC 2014

Assalamu Alaikum

Sultan Dhami Khan of Kot Dhamiak was a descendant of Israeli Prophet Yusuf alaihi-salam. He was not a descendant of Rajputs, to read more highlight and click on this link www.Dhamialblog.blogspot.co.uk

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Jul 30 14:06:14 UTC 2014

Well I have checked your blog which is a free blog and you are not allowing to add remarks to it. You must be Tamyaal not Dhamial, there's a difference between two, some families from Azad Kashmir are called Tamyaal.Like wise Kalyaal and Kanyaal are two different tribes. It seems you are completely confused or you don't want to change your mind. Please in your post can you add some references for our guidance and to know why you are insisting to make Tamyaals to Dhamial. I hope you will allow other people to pass their remarks in your dhamialblog, if you don't have anything to hide brother.

by guest Mon Sep 29 11:18:28 UTC 2014

Masayro, dosto Praavo,
First of all please do not be offended whatever your caste tribe. I will present to you genetic facts based on tested people who payed to discover their blood line and did not rely on false paper or Mirasi information. I would suggest to all genuine sons of their fathers not to be Kanjoos and buy a DnA test where hundreds of Pakistanis Indians Afghans and others have tested. Www.ftdna or www.23andme are two reputable companies with a massive data base.
Now to the nitty gritty, Rajputs are the progeny of Gujars, Arains and Jatts. They all share common ancestry with each other with perhaps Jats being a much older genetic linage.
Haplogroup R1a1a is dominant in what is now Pakistan and AJK. Almost Northern India is of this haplogroup. These people migrated from around the black and Caspian Sea region about 4 or 5000 years and settled in waves in Northern India. Most Lohars tarkhans etc are also share the same lineage. These people mixed with locals and what you have today is the genetic admixture of this migration.
Later the religious elite began to assimilate and accommodate these new arrivals with social status based on their services and dedication to the priestly classes.
This social division does not take away the fact that most of us share common ancestry.
testing at 23andme and FTDNA
You will discover with which group u share same blood line with perhaps it will bring your inflated egos tumbling down ;)
Advise you all to stop disturbing your ancestors by attributing things with which they were not connecting with.
Don't be misers pay for a test or shut up
Kind regards

www.harappadna.org

by Panacea Sat Oct 18 01:55:13 UTC 2014

Ps don't kid yourselves your not Arabs not do u share Arab admixtures. This a fairy tale. Even Sayids are not Arabs bar a very few. Studies have proven a very first out of Africa connection but little if any from the times of the prophet.
Instead spend a little time and effort to learn about how DNA works and how paternal linage is what we inherit and pass on to our sons.
Most of us are a mixture of South Indian and ANI ancestral North Indian. South Indian is our chura mAsali part most Rajputs and punjabis average around 28% to 30%.
Shocking is it not. Some one said there is a Murli in every Pakistani how right he was.

by Panacea x Sat Oct 18 02:05:34 UTC 2014

The dude in the UK whose thread this this ought to take the test and join one of the many forums dedicated to the Haplogrouop he belongs to on ftdna. There are group administrators India Pakistan afghan projects etc.
A wealth of information etc but be warned. You will be knocked off your high horse about your illustrious forefathers origins being the least elite but very common with Sikhs Hindus

by Panacea X Sat Oct 18 02:12:44 UTC 2014

I need complete shajrah Nasb of dhamial in Rawalpindi Tehsil

by Shaukat Ali Mon Nov 17 09:56:31 UTC 2014

بسم اللہ الر خان الرحیم

by guest Tue Nov 25 16:33:18 UTC 2014

بسم اللہ الرحمان الرحیم

by guest Tue Nov 25 16:36:44 UTC 2014

بسم اللہ الرحمان الرحیم
اللھم صلی علی محمد و علی آل محمد و سلم
شجرا نسل کے تعین کیلئے دوسروں کو ڈی این اے ٹیسٹ کا مشورہ دینے کی بجائے اگر تم اپنا وائی کروموسوم ڈی این اے ٹیسٹ کراوا لیتے تو شاید تمہیں تمہارے بزرگوں سے سے ملنے والی سلطان دھمی خان کی اس روایت پریقین آ جاتا کہ قوم دھمیال حضرت یو سف علیہ السلام کی نسل ہے- یہ روایت سلطان دھمی خان کو نسل در نسل اپنے آباؤاجدا سے ملی اور آپ سے نسل در نسل ہم تک پنہچی- وائی کروموسوم قدرت کا لکھا ہوا شجرا نسل ہے یہ باپ سے صرف بیٹے کو منتقل ہوتا ہے اور باپ - دادا - پڑدادا - لکڑدادا سب کا پتہ دیتا ہے- مجھ سمیت (مبارک دھمیال) ظفر حسین دھمیال- چوہدری محمد حسین دھمیال اور ہر وہ دھمیال جو سلطان دھمی خان کی اس روایت پر ایمان رکھتا ہے کہ قوم دھمیال حضرت یوسف علیہ السلام کی 

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 18:20:58 UTC 2014

نسل ہے انہیں وائی کروموسوم ٹیسٹ کی کیا ضرورت ہے وائی کروموسوم ٹیسٹ کی ضرورت تو تم کو ہے یا تم جیسی سوچ رکھنے والوں کو جو سلطان دھمی خان کی روایت کو تسلیم کرنے کی بجائے خود کو راجپوتوں کی نسل ظاہر کرتے ہیں- چوہدری محمد حسین دھمیال ، سلطان دھمی خان کے بڑے بیٹے لہور خان کی نسل سے ہیں ۔ ونزر میں شاہی خاندان کے پڑوس میں رہائش پزیر ہیں- آپ نے دوسری جنگ عظیم میں برٹش انڈین آرمی کی طرف سے اٹلی کے محاذ پر ایک پل کی حفاظت کرتے ہوئے تین جرمن فوجیوں کو گرفتار کیا تھا۔ آپ نے دو مرتبہ سلطان دھمی خان کے مزار کا دورہ کیاجب آپ تیسری مرتبہ مزار پر گئے تو آپ نے دیکھا کہ اس علاقے کو پاک فضائیہ نے حفاظتی آڑ لگا کر موقوف کر دیا ہے- آپ نے اس وقت کے ایئر مارشل کو خط لکھا انھوں نے جواباً لکھتے ہوئے آپ کو تسلی کرائی کہ مزار کی د

by guest Wed Nov 26 18:23:52 UTC 2014

دیکھ بھال اچھی طرح سے کی جا رہی ہے اور فضائیہ کا عملہ باقاعدہ قرآن خوانی کا اتمام کرتا ہے- آپ کی تحقیق کے مطابق قوم دھمیال کے ساتھ لفظ "راجپوت" اس وقت چسپاں ہوا تھا جب ہندوستان کی مہارانی ملکہ وکٹوریہ نے "راجپوت رجمنٹ" تشکیل دینے کیلئے راجپوت - جنجوعہ - گھکھڑ وغیرہ سے افراد کو بھرتی کیا اور قبیلہ دھمیال کو نظرانداذ کر دیا گیا تھا اس کی وجہ شاید یہی ہوئی ہو گی کہ دھمیال غیر راجپوت تھے جبکہ راجپوتوں کے مسمی پر تشکیل پانے والی "راجپوت رجمنٹ" راجپوتوں پر ہی مشتمل ہونی چاہئیے تھی دوسرا یہ کہ گھکھڑ بھی دشمنی کی وجہ سے دھمیال قبیلہ کی مخالفت کر رہے تھے کیونکہ دھمیال غیرراجپوت تھے۔ بعد ازاں دھمیال قبیلہ کے اکابرین پر مشتمل ایک وفد نے ملکہ وکٹوریہ کے نمائندہ سے ملاقات میں مطالبہ کیا کہ دھمیال قبیلہ ک

by guest Wed Nov 26 18:38:25 UTC 2014

کے لوگوں کو بھی فوج میں بھرتی کیا جائے جس پر ملکہ کے نمائندہ نے کہا کہ"جن قبائل سے بھرتی کی جانی تھی" ان کی فہرست ملکہ کی منظوری کیلئے لنڈن بھیج دی گی ہے اب ایک اور فہرست بھیجنا مناسب نہیں سمجھتے لیکن اگر آپ کے لوگ اپنے نام کے ساتھ لفظ "راجپوت" کا اضافہ کر لیں تو انہیں "راجپوت رجمنٹ" میں شامل کیا جا سکتا ہے- چنانچہ ایسا ہی کیا گیا اور یوں دھمیال قبیلہ کی شناخت جو کہ خالصتاً سلطان دھمی خان کے مسمی "دھمی" سے مشتق "دھمیال" تھی "آدھا تیتر آدھا بٹیر" کے مصداق "دھمیال راجپوت" بن گئی۔ اور بعد میں آنے والی نسلیں حقیقت سے بے خبر "راجپوت خون" پر فخر کرنے لگیں اور راجہ اجمل خان دیو ولد راجہ دروپت دیو کو اپنا جد امجد سمجھنے لگیں اور ان کی نسل سے راجہ مال خان کو اپنا بزرگ ماننے لگیں۔

by guest Wed Nov 26 18:39:47 UTC 2014

تاریخی واقعات سے ثابت ہو جاتا ہے کہ دھمیال اور راجپوت دو مختلف نسلیں اور دو مختلف قبیلے ہیں اور سلطان دھمی خان اور راجہ اجمل خان دیو ولد راجہ دروپت دیو - دو مختلف قبیلوں دھمیال اور مسلم راجپوت کے بزرگ تھے۔

by guest Wed Nov 26 19:08:28 UTC 2014

997 ء سے لے کر بارہویں صدی کے اوائل تک سلطان دھمی خان کے جو اجداد گزرے ہیں ان کے نام مندرجہ ذیل ہیں۔
سلطان انور خان شہادت 997ء
بخاری خان شہادت1022ء
بھوج خان شہادت 1022ء
لاکھن خان شہادت1030ء
حیدر خان شہادت 1097ء
سیف خان شہادت 1173ء
راجہ اجمل خان دیو ولد راجہ دروپت دیو - بارویں صدی کے اوائل میں سیف خان کے زمانہ میں مشرف بہ اسلام ہوئے تھے اور سلطان دھمی خان کے اجداد تو الحمدللہ نسلاً اسلام پر قائم تھے- لہٰزا ثابت ہوا کہ سلطان دھمی خان اور قوم دھمیال راجپوتوں کی نسل نہیں ہے۔
سلطان دھمی خان کے بڑے بیٹے نواب لہور خان اور چھوٹے بیٹے سردار بختاور خان کی اولادیں نسل در نسل موجودہ نسل تک اپنے بزرگوں سے سلطان دھمی خان کی یہی روایت سنتی آئیں ہیں کہ قوم دھمیال حضرت یوسف علیہ السلام کے بڑے بیٹے منشاہ علیہ السلام کی نسل ہے اور چون

by guest Wed Nov 26 19:10:26 UTC 2014

اور چونکہ یہ ایک متواتر روایت ہے جو نسل در نسل ہم تک پنہچی ہے جس میں غلطی یا غلط بیانی کی کوئی گنجائش نہیں رہتی۔ اور اگر پھر بھی کسی دھمیال کو یہ گمان ہے کہ سلطان دھمی خان حضرت یوسف علیہ السلام کی نسل نہیں تھے اور آپ کے اجداد مصر سے بتدریج ہجرت کر کے کوٹ دھمیک میں آباد نہیں ہوئے تھے تو اس کیلئے وائی کروموسوم ڈی این اے ٹیسٹ کا اختیار موجود ہے.

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 19:37:25 UTC 2014

حضرت ابراہیم علیہ السلام کا وائی کروموسوم ہیپلوگروپ جے1 ہے- یہ ہیپلوگروپ مصر ۔ اسرائیل - مشرق وسطہ - مغربی ایشیاء - انڈیا اور پاکستان میں پایا جاتا ہے۔ قبیلہ دھمیال کے علاوہ یوسف زئی اور خٹک، حضرت یوسف علیہ السلام کے بڑے بیٹے منشاہ علیہ السلام کی نسل جبکہ آفریدی آپ علیہ السلام کے چھوٹے بیٹے افرائیم علیہ السلام کی نسل ہیں-

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 19:39:30 UTC 2014

حام کی نسل بت پرست ہیں اس سے اشارہ ملتا ہے کہ راجپوت ان ہی کی نسل ہیں کیونکہ غیرمسلم راجپوت بھی بت پرستی کرتے ہیں۔ جبکہ حضرت ابراہیم علیہ السلام سے 9 پشتیں پیچھے چلے جائیں تو دھمیال سامی نسل ہیں-

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 19:46:49 UTC 2014

حضرت آدم علیہ السلام کی دسویں پشت حضرت نوع علیہ السلام کے تین بیٹے سام کی اولاد اہل کتاب اور مسلمان ہیں- حام کی اولاد بت پرست اور یافث کی اولاد آتش پرست ہیں-حضرت ابراہیم علیہ السلام سامی نسل تھے-

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 19:50:05 UTC 2014

بعض مورخین نے حضرت اسماعیل علیہ السلام کی نسل کو عرب مستعربہ یا عرب متعربہ قرار دیا ہے- ان کی رائے کے مطابق حضرت اسماعیل علیہ السلام سریانی یا عبرانی زبان بولتے تھے- جب قحطانی نسل کے بنو جرہم مکہ مکرمہ آئے اور حضرت اسماعیل علیہ السلام اور ان کی والدہ محترمہ کے ساتھ رہنے لگے تو حضرت اسماعیل علیہ السلام کی شادی ان میں ہو گئی- اس طرح آپ اور آپ کی اولاد نے عربی زبان سیکھ لی-

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 20:12:41 UTC 2014

میں (مبارک دھمیال) اور میرا کزن (ظفر حسین دھمیال) ہم سلطان دھمی خان کے چھوٹے بیٹے سردار بختاور خان کی نسل سے ہیں۔ چوہدری محمد حسین دھمیال، سلطان دھمی خان کے بڑے بیٹے نواب لہور خان کی نسل سے ہیں۔ کیا تم بتا سکتے ہو کہ تم سلطان دھمی خان کے آٹھ بیٹوں میں سے کس بیٹے کی نسل سے ہو؟ کیا تمہیں تمہاری ساتویں پشت سے لے کر سلطان دھمی خان تک تمہارے اجداد کے اسماء معلوم ہیں؟

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 20:16:15 UTC 2014

یوسف و یعقوب و اسحاق و ابراہیم
کرتا ہے تعریف جن کی رب کریم
پیغمبر تھے بر گزیدہ اور بندے تھے عظیم
دھمیال ہے ان کی آل یہ روایت ہے قدیم

by guest Wed Nov 26 20:41:35 UTC 2014

پیغمبر تھے بر گزیدہ اور بندے تھے عظیم

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 20:43:46 UTC 2014

راجہ اجمل دیو نسل راجپوتاں
سلطان دھمی خان نسل یوسف علیہ السلام
دونوں کا آپس میں نہیں کوئی انضمام
راجپوت و دھمیال دو الگ الگ اقوام

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 20:50:10 UTC 2014

لکھتا ہے تو کبھی فرضی کبھی قلمی اپنا نام
چھپاتا ہے مگر چھپا سکتا نہیں تو اپنی پہچان
تیری تحریر سے ملتا ہے تیری ہستی کا نشان
ع عامر ہے نام تیرا ہے ووکنگ میں تیرا قیام

by Mubarak Dhamial Wed Nov 26 20:57:12 UTC 2014

Who is this Mubarak from UK, it seems he's got some personal issues with Rajputs and Jats or he's got hidden agenda against Dhamial Rajputs and Dhamial Jats and now he's writing against Raja Amir sahib who's the one who started this chat and a lots of us got chance to find out about Dhamials. I would like to know why he's doing this, if anyone knows this man personally please tel him to shut his dirty mouth and leave this forum which is dedicated to Dhamials either Jats or Rajputs and no one seems to agree with his self made story.
We would request brother Amir or who ever is running this forum to stop this man from posting hate or misleading stories against Dhamials or other members of respected forum.
If you read his previous post he's using Raja Amir and his brother Raja Tariq who's a very well respected Dhamial in Pakistan, even he's proud of him in his previous posts and he used their reference to prove himself a Dhamial. why he's suddenly going against them and asking them to prove who's his forefather. This man is totally lost. Don't you all agree Dhamials. Jazakallah

Now here's a list of all brothers who either wanted to know about Dhamials or had some information about their family or elders, you must note their titles with their name which proves what they or their fore fathers been using it, list of brothers who either challenged him or disagreed with him on Mr. Mubarak's claims,
Raja Farooq
Raja Imtiaz
Rajax
Raja Umar
Raja Adnan
Raja Khalid
Raja Haider ali Dhamial
Raja Shujah Khan
Ch.Iqbal dhamial
Ch. M Yaqoob
Tariq
Abdul Malik
Akeel Arshed
Shaukat Ali
Panacea
and so many Guests.
One more thing must be noted that in his urdu speach he's mentioned name of his brother Zafar Husain and Chaudhary Muhammad Hussain dhamial. Are they Jats themselves as well or Egyptians. I told you he's completely lost what he's really is.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to post your remarks.

by Raja Khalid Wed Dec 03 13:50:34 UTC 2014

hi friends i am chodhray Abdu Malik Dhamial fram islamabad P>O> Alipurfrash ...village punjghran ..my cell no is.03005070915 i am dhamial rajpoot &i proude to i am dhamial ...

by guest Wed Dec 03 19:20:42 UTC 2014

Hi Ch. Abdul Malik sahib we welcome you to our family and please explain this person that Chaudhary as title is used by Dhamial rajputs in Jhelum to Rawalpindi like Ch. Nisar A Khan(Federal Minister) is a Dhamial Janjua Rajput, Raja Basharat Ex. Fedral Minister is Dhamial Janjua from Dhamial Village Islamabad and Raja Zafar ul Haq is Khaka Janjua of Kahoota,and so many others. Even Mirza is used by Dhamial Janjua of Gujar khan and are long time rulers till now in this area. Dhamial, Ranial, Khaka, Kala and Tanoli all are Janjua Brothers in blood.

by Guest Wed Dec 03 19:44:00 UTC 2014

Introduction and Shajrah Rajgan Dhamial Children Raja Jodh Khan.
Some famous people of Khandan Dhamial.
1. Raja Amaar Khan, Moaras-e-Aalah Khandan Janjua Dhamial ba nisbat Raja Jodh Khan so Raja Mal- Mosoof apna qabila ka saath pahla Garh Makhiaal aur Qilah Garjaak sa hijrat kar ka Dhamial main Abaad huwa.

2. Apni bazurgi ki wajha sa ''Bawa'' ka naam sa mashoor tha. abhi tak un ki oalaad ''Bawa'' kahlati ha.

3. Raja saida Khan: Inaam Khoor, Zaildaar, Numbar daar, District Darbari, Member district board 1877.

4. Raja Ghulam Mahdi Khan: Khan sahib, District darbari, Vice Chairman district board, Zaldaari 1907 - 1933 Honorary secretary co-operative society Punjab.

5. Sarbarah Zaildar 1910 to 1933 ta iktataam mansab zaildari Numbardari district darbari.

6. Lahrasab Khan: Lt.Colonel , Nabardaar

7. Khalid Mahdi: Major

8. Raja Mansab Daar Khan: Rasaaldar 13, Lancer military Cross, Jagirdar.

9. Raja Abbas Ali khan: Khan Sahib honorary Majistrate, district darbari.

10. Raja Muhammed Akram: Jagirdar

11. Raja Muhammed Ashrif: Ex. Vice Chairman Cantonment board Rawalpindi.

12. Raja shair ahmed Khan: Lt. Clonal, Sardar Bahadar, O.B.I or O.B.E.

13. Raja Umar Khan; Jin ki olaad Umar khawani aur Abualkhairi kahlati ha.

14. Raja Abu al Khair Khan

15. Raja Hukam dad Khan: Member cantonment board.

16. Raja Zafar ali Khan: MBBS, CAH, Doctor, Advocate

I have copied this from the Shajra Nasab Rajgan Dhamial page 521 and I will try to copy more pages for you all. I'm sorry but I can't copy and paste pages on this forum.

by Guest Sun Dec 07 02:09:45 UTC 2014

Page 522.
Shajrah is shown as under,

Raja Mal(RA) Bin Raja Johd Bin Raja Rai paal Bin Raja Naroban Malik Balawal Bin Jagad yoban Hasrat dev Bin as follows
Bahim Dev had two sons
Raja Sahib Khan and Raja Achar
Raja Achar's son Hast Khan
Hast khan's three sons Rai Pairana, Saghar Khan and Tatar Khan
Sghar or Sakhar Khan's son Malik Darwesh
Malik Darwesh's two sons Haji Khan and Malik Tataar Khan

Haji Khan's decedents are Khandaan Darpur, Chakri and pindi saidpur main abad hain

Malik Tataar khan ka son Hassan Khan
Hassan Khan ka son Amaara Khan(Waris-e-Alah Khandan-e-Dhamial

Amaara Khan had two sons Naik Muhammad and Hamza Khan (page 530)

Naik muhammad had three sons Khan Muhammed Khan, Himat Khan and Malik Muhammed Khan (page 529)

Khan Muhammed Khan had two sons Musharaf Khan and Khan Bahadur khan

Musharaf Khan had two sons Baksh Khan and Sharf khan

Baksh Khan had two sons Sardar Khan and Nawab Khan.

by Guest Sun Dec 07 02:26:55 UTC 2014

Page 513.

Shajrah nasab Rajgan Dhamial Oalaad Raja Wir Khan.

Raja Mal(RA)
Raja Wir Khan
Raja Acharyaal almaroof Ahmed Khan
Raja Islam udin
Raja Nur Khan
Raja Amir udin had 4 sons Raja Pakhar Khan, Raja Daulat Khan, Raja Pir Badshah and Raja Bangash Khan

Raja Daulat Khan's son
Raja Hans Khan had five sons Raja Sadu khan, raja Jangu Khan, Diwan Bahil Khan, Nadyaam Khan and Malu Khan

Page 514

1. sadu Khan ki Oaladain Simbal Pindi Ghaib

2. Jangoo Khan ki Oaladain Dhamial Rawalpindi

3. Bahal Khan ki Oaladain Maral Garah

4. Nadyaam Khan ki Oaladain Haran Pur tehsil Pinddadan Khan

5. Malu Khan ki Oaladain Ranial, Jungle, Dhok kamal, malot, Davi data and Jhatla.

by guest Sun Dec 07 02:39:11 UTC 2014

I also have Shajrah of other sons of Raja Mal(RA) in the same book on different pages,
the reason i have listed these major shajrah is because Mr. Mubarak was trying to prove himself with a single page shajrah which is made by a unknown person with unknown references but the shajrah I have here can be cross checked on internet and different books written by Muslims Historian, Hindu Historian and English historian Like L.H. Griffen etc. Taarikh e Farishta by Qasim which was written in Persian and starts history about people and rulers from Hazrat Nuh(AS).
I hope it will satisfy the ego of Mr.Mubarak and he will stop misleading younger generation of Dhamials and stop using abusive language towards Rajputs and Jats.
In his past posts he called us sons of Hindus and kafir etc. I hope he will apologize to all Dhamial Rajputs on his behavior.

by Guest Sun Dec 07 02:54:38 UTC 2014

بسم اللہ الرحمان الرحیم
اللھم صلی علی محمد و علی آل محمد و سلم

سب سے پہلے تو میں اس بات کی تردید کرتا ہوں کہ میں نے کسی کو کافر کہا ہو۔ اس فورم پر میری تحریریں موجود ہیں۔ کسی کو کافر کہنا تو دور کی بات ہے میں نے تو لفظ (کافر) تک نہیں لکھا۔ اسی فورم پر پہلے بھی لکھ چکا ہوں کہ میں کسی قبیلہ ، نسل ، یا مذہب کے خلاف نہیں ہوں۔

by guest Sun Dec 07 19:10:03 UTC 2014

راجہ اجمل دیو کا باپ ہندو تھا۔ راجہ اجمل دیو سلطان دھمی خان کے ایک جد سیف خان کے زمانہ میں مسلمان ہوئے تھے۔ سلطان دھمی خان کے اجداد تو الحمدللہ نسل در نسل اسلام پر قائم تھے۔ اگر راجہ دروپت دیو اور اس کے باپ ، دادہ ، سلطان دھمی خان کے اجداد کی نسل سے ہوتے تو وہ مسلمان ہوتے اور اگر وہ مسلمان تھے تو کیا انہوں نے اسلام چھوڑ کر ہندو مذہب اپنا لیا تھا؟ اور راجہ اجمل دیو کو اپنے باپ ، دادہ کا مذہب چھوڑ کر اسلام کیوں قبول کرنا پڑا؟

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Dec 07 19:11:16 UTC 2014

لہزا ثابت ہوا کہ راجپوت اور دھمیال ایک نسل نہیں ہیں یہ جو تم نے راجہ جوھد خان اور راجہ مال خان کا شجرہ نسل لکھا ہے یہ راجپوتوں کا شجرہ نسل ہے یہ سلطان ھمی خان اور آپ کی نسل دھمیال کا شجرہ نسل نہیں ہے۔ سلطان دھمی خان اور آپ کی اولاد حضرت یوسف علیہ السلام کی نسل ہیں۔ کیا تم بتا سکتے ہو کہ سلطان دھمی خان کے آٹھ بیٹوں میں سے تم کس بیٹے کی نسل سے ہو؟

by Mubarak Dhamial Sun Dec 07 19:42:30 UTC 2014

راجہ اجمل دیو نسل راجپوتاںسلطان دھمی خان نسل یوسف علیہ السلامدونوں کا آپس میں نہیں کوئی انضمامراجپوت و دھمیال دو الگ الگ اقوام

by مبارک دھمیال Sun Dec 07 19:47:32 UTC 2014

راجہ اجمل دیو نسل راجپوتاں
سلطان دھمی خان نسل یوسف علیہ السلام
دونوں کا آپس میں نہیں کوئی انضمام
راجپوت و دھمیال دو الگ الگ اقوام

by Mubarak Dhamial Mon Dec 08 00:39:38 UTC 2014

پیغمبر تھے برگزیدہ اور بندے تھے عطیم

by مبارک دھمیال Mon Dec 08 00:44:58 UTC 2014

It seems you are not getting the point I have just made and again asking me that I'm descendant of which of eight sons of Sultan Dhami(RA), did you fully read the Shajrah of Dhamial Rajputs and does any of Raja Mal(RA)'s decedents have names which are mentioned in your story, why do you believe that you are right and all these Rajputs in Pothohar or in fact Pakistan are wrong .
According to our shajrah we can look for the real name of the ruler who was known as Sultan Dhami but according to your story none of these names are found in history. If you know the names of history books which mentions the names that you stated please please please tel us but don't start the same story of a man in your village or a man in UK or your elders or this Dhamial or that Dhamial also mentioned it. This is not called proof when you are writing history.

by Raja Khalid khan Dhamial Tue Dec 09 01:16:35 UTC 2014

A very strange fact to be noticed brothers, a man from U.K is giving answers in Urdu and in a very salees Urdu, but, He's unable to write in English. What does it mean? Is he really a someone from U.K or another Kashmiri Gulu Butt.....Hooooooooon!

by guest Tue Dec 09 01:22:26 UTC 2014

On Mon 28th Oct, 2013, in your post you wrote to me: It seems that you are going through Jat phobia but worry not if you are a Rajput then they are your cousins because both originate from Hindu blood line.
How would you explain that, if you are not against any religion, Tribe or race?

by R,K, Khan Tue Dec 09 01:39:25 UTC 2014

Dear Dhamial brothers if you want to see the shajrah of Rajgan Dhamials, you can check the copy of the pages on the Facebook account under the name of (Rajgan of Dhamial) and than scroll down to the post of 12 February 2013. on timeline. thanks

by R.K Khanlid Tue Dec 09 02:09:08 UTC 2014

Brothers Brothers hold your horses and please stop proving each other right or wrong.
Please try to understand and respect each others views. We should not use any word which can hurt us or our ancestors.

It seems to me conversation flared up after the post of Panacea x, who asked all of you to get the DNA done if you aren't sure, but stop accusing each other. One might not agree but I think his intentions were not to hurt anyone but to stop arguments and try to be positive, if you want to move on.

It also seems Brother Mubarak is under suspicion that someone has changed his identity or hiding it and posted this DNA idea to him. This is not cleared who is this person called Panacea, Please identify yourself who you are, so that things can move on. May Allah grant us patience and understanding.
Dhamials(Raja,Chaudhary,Malik,Rai,Mirza,Arab,African) Zinda Abad. Love all

by Dhamial Tue Dec 09 14:33:55 UTC 2014

All Dhamials would like to Thank you Brother Mubarak and brother Khalid for the co-operation.

If any Dhamial brother would like to share their information regarding Dhamials, we would welcome you, but please don't post anything or any kind of information which could hurt anyone of us of any kind. Jazk Allah Khair. Love to all Dhamials(Rajput,Jat,Janjua,Chaudhary,Mirza,malik,khan)

by Dhamials Fri Dec 12 09:52:05 UTC 2014

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Pothohar Plateau Forum
Janjua Forum
Punjabi people Forum
Islam Forum
Babur Forum
Pakistani Army Forum
Denzil Ibbetson Forum
Hazara, Pakistan Forum
Amb (princely state) Forum
Tanoli Forum
Jhelum City Forum
Kashmir Forum
Khakha Forum
Chakwal Forum
Kahuta Forum
Ghorid Forum
Lepel H. Griffin Forum
Ranjit Singh Forum
Raja Forum
Muslim Rajputs Forum
Dhamial Jats Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | snowboard or ski | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2011 forumjar.com All rights reserved.