Forum Jar

Forum Jar : School punishment Forum : can boys wear only komanam at home
See other topics in School punishment Forum

School punishment Forum

Important rules for using School punishment Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: can boys wear only komanam at home
I personally feel that boys can be only in komanam in their home. It makes them feel humble and also prevent nudity. Cleanly shaved pubic area and a pure white komanam makes the boys smart and also hygienic. My grandfather always says that komanam is sufficient for men. Though the practice of wearing it almost disappeared i feel that this is the right time to revive. I regularly wear komanam. We can make our boys wear only komanam at home till the age og 15 so that whenever need arises we can beat them. The washing cost will also be cheaper.

by komanapriyan Wed Jan 12 12:37:09 UTC 2011

Butt cheeks are almost naked if komanam is worn.

by guest Thu Jan 13 01:39:50 UTC 2011

Nisha teacher enttia tuition teaher 10 th padikkupol mundu anna idukkuna

by guest Sat Jan 15 16:32:27 UTC 2011

Good

by guest Sat Jan 15 17:01:23 UTC 2011

Good

by guest Sat Jan 15 17:03:49 UTC 2011

komamnam rhymes well with kundi!

by Sita Sun Jan 16 04:42:40 UTC 2011

Komanam and kundi gotogether.

by Sarala Mon Jan 17 01:33:34 UTC 2011

Komanam covers only genitals and arse hole,kundi remains exposed.

by Sita Tue Jan 18 01:45:21 UTC 2011

komanam.kundi and kusu rhyme better.

by guest Thu Jan 20 01:53:41 UTC 2011

Very good suggestion. Even I am of the opinion that boys should wear only komanam at home. I wore komanam during my upanayanam & also while going to temple. Now I am above 50, I started wearing komanam for the last 4 years and feel very comfortable and would insist that more & more people (men) should come forward and follow the tradition of wearing komanam instead of costly underwear. One look handsome in komanam especially with shaven head, kudumi .

by Siva Mon Jan 24 07:15:00 UTC 2011

I also agree that boys should wear komanam at least at home,i started wearing komanam since childhood and now i am forty plus,feeling very comfortable with that and would suggest more people to come forward and follow the tradition of wearing komanam.
Once you start wearing for a few days without any hesitation or shy and then you will not switch back to the mordern stuff.

by guest Tue Jan 25 05:22:59 UTC 2011

Of course boys can be in komanam at home,but in cities they cannot,they can use it as their undergarment along with other stuff.Whereas in villages they can,in some villages they do it as a practice some follow it seriously and the others switch to vip after some time.

by guest Wed Feb 02 09:44:52 UTC 2011

I refer to the comment posted one of our Guest on 2nd Feb 2011 and wish to clarify that , whether it is a village or city , boys can be in komanam at home. Even when I was studying in Kerala and after coming from school, I used to wear only komanam at home. However, I still continue to wear komanam at home and wear dhoti on top. After coming from Office, I take bath and wear komanam and dhoti. That is how one has to maintain the tradition and not by switching over to readymade undergarment like VIP or any other garment.

by Guest Sat Feb 12 16:40:47 UTC 2011

I am also wearing konakam from my childhood.During the schooldays i have to wear konakam at home because of traditions. As it was a small village all the boys used towear konakam at that time. Not only at home,also in the neibhourhood i used tu wear only konakam at that time.Still i wear Konakam not only at home also at office as undergarment.

by Jyothi Sun Feb 20 11:54:47 UTC 2011

komanam is my only under wear, when i am born. i advice my friends also to wear the komanam. teacher,s punishment is tooo good. one advice to tell the teacher to punish the student to wear the komanam not only in home in school also. by komanam

by guest Wed Mar 09 06:16:00 UTC 2011

Komanapriyan! If you are so fond of it,you can wear it in public also.

by guest Sun Mar 13 04:52:33 UTC 2011

One of friend posted comments " Komanapriyan - if you are so fond of it, you can wear it in public also ". Just because a member gives his opinion of wearing komanam is better, it does not mean that he should wear it in public also. Komanam is the ideal inner-wear or undergarment for boys and men and it is advisable to wear at home and even to office as an undergarment. In fact I wear only komanam at home especially during night. Very comfortable and and it is good innerwear and I feel very happy & comfortable. No need to feel shy .

by Kannan Tue Mar 29 05:34:15 UTC 2011

I wish to wear komanam. Where I can buy it.

by Manoj Sun Apr 03 07:57:39 UTC 2011

Where in Kerala only Komanam is commonly worn by people in their mid fifies 24 X 7 ?

by guest Sun Apr 03 17:29:44 UTC 2011

For sure Komanam can be a innerwear after office or at weekends at home. I do follow the same.

by guest Sun Apr 03 17:38:25 UTC 2011

I am full time wearer of Komanam.. from my childhood

by guest Fri Apr 22 18:33:50 UTC 2011

Boys should only wear komanam,

by Sita Sun May 29 06:07:44 UTC 2011

by Sita Sun May 29 06:07:47 UTC 2011

by Sita Sun May 29 06:07:49 UTC 2011

by Sita Sun May 29 06:07:50 UTC 2011

myself and my wife wear only komanam at night and it is very good for night life and arousal

komanam is compatible for chudithar jeans and veshti or mundu

by balu Thu Jun 02 15:03:32 UTC 2011

I wear Komanam from age of 11 or 12 (my mother made it compulsory at that age). Now I am 58 and have used Jockey only for two or three years in between and happily returned to Komanam when my wife insisted I should return to wearing the Kaupinam full time.

From my experience (of both Jockey and the komanam)I can say it is the ideal under garment. As a guest mentioned above, you can get used to it in 2 or three days if not in two or three hours. Affter that you will not want to wear Jockey or VIP again at any time.

The reason is that modern underwear is either very tight to begin with and then gets loose after use for a couple of months. Moreover the elastic also gets loose. In the case of a Komanam you can always get the ideal tight but not over tight fit every time. This is because you can adjust it and tie it exactly to your requirements (with a few days practice you can learn how to tie properly so that it does not get loose or need frequent adjustment. It is the perfect fit and even the Japanese use it and call it Fundoshi. The Norwegians have now developed Komanam like underwear because they find the standard under wear useless.

If any one is interested let me also say that you can avoid three common problems by using Kaupinam full time. First the male member will always stay in the centre (with Jockey it will permanently deviate to left or right after a few years and it is not possible to correct the deviation). Secondly no hydrocele and number three it is protection against Hernia (some doctors also advise it). One more advantage is better urine control.

And when you wear Komanam the habit of washing the private part after pasing urine is formed (whereas most people with under wear don't have that habit). This leads to better hygiene. I can not tie back my Komanam without washing the male member first. Many wearers have this practice which is healthy.

I recommend that you use handloom veshti or mundu cloth. I also strongly recommmend that instead of aranakkayar or waist string you tear a strip of the mundu which is long enough for the waist and three inches wide. Use it as a thread. It will roll up like a thick string in a minute or two and will not cut your skin. It will also not get loose. This is what I use for 40 years or more.

Anybody interested can read my post in the Kaupina thread in Forum Jar.

by Nonstitched Sat Jun 04 13:14:17 UTC 2011

I wear Komanam from age of 11 or 12 (my mother made it compulsory at that age). Now I am 58 and have used Jockey only for two or three years in between and happily returned to Komanam when my wife insisted I should return to wearing the Kaupinam full time.

From my experience (of both Jockey and the komanam)I can say it is the ideal under garment. As a guest mentioned above, you can get used to it in 2 or three days if not in two or three hours. Affter that you will not want to wear Jockey or VIP again at any time.

The reason is that modern underwear is either very tight to begin with and then gets loose after use for a couple of months. Moreover the elastic also gets loose. In the case of a Komanam you can always get the ideal tight but not over tight fit every time. This is because you can adjust it and tie it exactly to your requirements (with a few days practice you can learn how to tie properly so that it does not get loose or need frequent adjustment. It is the perfect fit and even the Japanese use it and call it Fundoshi. The Norwegians have now developed Komanam like underwear because they find the standard under wear useless.

If any one is interested let me also say that you can avoid three common problems by using Kaupinam full time. First the male member will always stay in the centre (with Jockey it will permanently deviate to left or right after a few years and it is not possible to correct the deviation). Secondly no hydrocele and number three it is protection against Hernia (some doctors also advise it). One more advantage is better urine control.

And when you wear Komanam the habit of washing the private part after pasing urine is formed (whereas most people with under wear don't have that habit). This leads to better hygiene. I can not tie back my Komanam without washing the male member first. Many wearers have this practice which is healthy.

I recommend that you use handloom veshti or mundu cloth. I also strongly recommmend that instead of aranakkayar or waist string you tear a strip of the mundu which is long enough for the waist and three inches wide. Use it as a thread. It will roll up like a thick string in a minute or two and will not cut your skin. It will also not get loose. This is what I use for 40 years or more.

by Nonstitched Sat Jun 04 13:15:31 UTC 2011

by Nonstitched Sun Jun 05 02:25:40 UTC 2011

In my house male members use Komanam as undergarment, Komanam is prepared with white soft mull and everyone is diciplined to mainten it clean white or else go for the new piece of the mull. I was the habitiual user at my childhood. But now in my 40s I thought of contnue that tradition for simplicity and comfort. My childhood experience helped me to get used to it. I suggest boys should instructed to use this costume so that later Komanam may be their one of the undergarment option

by rama Fri Jul 01 17:23:32 UTC 2011

Nothing to match Kaupinam for boys and men.

by guest Sat Jul 02 10:07:44 UTC 2011

Rama madam
Glad to know that male members in your family are used Komanam as undergarment. It is the same in my family also. My son trained by me to strictly weared Komanam from young age also. Now in age of 28 he is still with Komanam because of accustomed. I think Komanam is important for all male to have from young age for the disciplined and safety. But if you are used Komanam in young age in our case it is only on month dates. Not otherwise.

by Kusu Kusu Mon Jul 04 11:17:01 UTC 2011

i wore komanam till i was 17.when my 2 girl cousins came from bombay and when thry saw me weaing it ,they giggled and laughed and even tried to pull it down.it was embrassin

by guest Wed Jul 06 09:33:09 UTC 2011

in southern and eastern parts of tamilnadu villages
even now newly weds sleep only with komanam on.
their elders make them wear only komanam at nights
this is mainly to shed inhibitions and to explore each others body well
newly weds get their arousal with only komanam on
easily
preparation for copulation is also easier since
komanam can be dismantled within seconds for caressing and penetration
such a good practice adopted by rural folks can well be emulated by newly weds in towns also

by mani Wed Jul 06 17:16:30 UTC 2011

Please post to the thread GENDER
DISCRIMINATION in school
punishment forum about your
experience.

by guest Thu Jul 07 15:19:22 UTC 2011

We Should Try to Get it back as our innerwear. Do not alow to vanish it from our society. We Love Kaupinam (Konakam)

by Kannan Fri Jul 08 13:40:40 UTC 2011

I am in my fifties and I am wearing Komanam from my childhood it was diciplined my father. I am so accustomed to Komanam so I never thought of using moderm underwear. Recently I was surpriced that my son who is in his late twenties started using Komanman at home. It is a good habit I am sharing this just for motivation.

by guest Sat Jul 09 09:55:17 UTC 2011

i am a regular wearer of komanam and i do all my household work only by wearing komanam i feel comfortable and not shy

by kp Mon Jul 11 12:57:01 UTC 2011

I am also a regular komanam wearer and after reading the comments given by various friends, I delighted to note that there are many memebrs who are still using komanam. It is good .

I am a regular wearer of komanam. At home I wear only komanam and do the house-old work and sleep only in komanam at night.

by Kannan Thu Jul 14 05:35:52 UTC 2011

i am a regular konakam wearer from the age of 15 and is still use it at 47, it is very convenient for yoga practice and exercise if u have a stitching machine
u can make good one ,and can wear no fear of shy

by sree Tue Jul 19 15:48:49 UTC 2011

i am a regular konakam wearer from the age of 15 and is still use it at 47, it is very convenient for yoga practice and exercise if u have a stitching machine
u can make good one ,and can wear no fear of shy

by sree Tue Jul 19 15:48:50 UTC 2011

making ,take 1.25m length half inch cotten tape (CURTAIN TAPE)u can buy it ,then approx 15 or 17 cm or as ur need,lenth 100cm ,then stitch its 15 cm end on the tape leaving 10 cm at one end now it ready for use, tie the tape around ur waist keeping cloth in the front between legs.tie the cloth at the back side between ur legs tightness as u like (at back a knot is a good option then it will not loose while working

by s Tue Jul 19 15:58:42 UTC 2011

I like to wear komanam,but i am in city so i am shy to wear,other thing was my parents don't allow to wear,so anybody said to me a idea to wear komanam,plsssssss

by Kiri Thu Jul 21 17:13:52 UTC 2011

I am delighted to read the comments and happy to note that there are a good number of people who follow the age old tradition. I too started wearing komanam from childhood and mostly all the male members in our house use to wear komanam as their under garment.I never thought of using mordern VIP as it is so convinient,i am in forties and it is very decent and safer also,i wear it 24x7 without any hesitation and proud also.
I think it is essential for all and in particular
the boys of age group 09-15 yrs if they start wearing it at around at the age of 9 or 10 yrs and continue up to the age 20 plus or making it a habit it will good for them in health point of view. It is not that you must not wear komanam while you live in city and can wear in village,
it is your mind that stops and if you are really interested in that you can convince your parents and try at least once.

by kvr Wed Jul 27 05:26:04 UTC 2011

What is a Thong and G string in US was and is komanam in india.
Having tried all the mordern stuff including thongs and g strings,the self fit i get when i wore a komanam is extra ordinary and it cannot be matched with any other thing.Even most of the japanese have switched themselves to Fundoshi their traditional under garment which is nothing but our komanam.
It is over few decades that i am using komanam as my inner garment and i would like to say others who do not wear just give a try without shy you will feel the difference and those who wear partially make it a habit of wearing it regularly without any hesitation, as the previous comment writer said it is very decent,safer and also builds confidence in ones own self.

by vythy Wed Jul 27 09:58:49 UTC 2011

I was just curious: Radha Iyer and Sujata Raman stated about the boys wearing kaupenam when learning dance, were they very young like,say, under 10 years?

by murali Mon Aug 08 15:00:28 UTC 2011

murali, i have seen photos of adoloscent boys learning kathakali in a dance school called kalamandalam wearing only kaupinam. that means boys of 15-17 also wear this costume in dance class. it was a accepted costume for boys so must have been a practice dress for dance as mentioned by radha and sjata.

by vineeth;kerala Wed Aug 17 04:15:15 UTC 2011

I use konakam since i am 26 years old, i still use it and advicing my wife to use the same

by Saji trivandrum Sat Aug 27 16:43:02 UTC 2011

I use konakam since i am 26 years old, i still use it and advicing my wife to use the same

by Saji trivandrum Sat Aug 27 16:43:30 UTC 2011

I wear komanam..during night while sleeping it is comfortable for any private work

by komanam man Wed Aug 31 12:24:59 UTC 2011

you feel comfortable while wearing komanam and gets good pleasure too

by pleasureman Wed Aug 31 12:26:42 UTC 2011

I am 28 recently married. Never wore Kaupina before. But my wife coming from a traditional family from interior TN is insisting that I should wear Kaupina at home like her brothers and other relatives. I am too shy. What should I do?

by Kartik Thu Sep 01 16:58:57 UTC 2011

Very nice to hear that your wife is insisting upon that,start wearing it from today do not feel shy.
Astonish your wife by wearing only komanam and sleeping with her which will be a great experience for both.continue for couple of days then you will continue to do that.

by money Fri Sep 02 05:49:43 UTC 2011

Perhaps I can some advice to Karthic based on my experience. I am in the same age group and being shy by nature faced the same issue after marriage. Never wore a kaupina except at upanayanam , around 13 years of age. When my newly married wife started pressurizing I explained to her about shyness and inability to wear just kaupina at home particularly when female relatives come. She would go on insisting that I should do it for sake of tradition and our children. Then I decided to take advice from my cousin sister who is close to me and her husband wears kaupina at home. One Sunday I took my wife and went to her. I was too shy . My wife did all the talking. Then my sister asked why I am so shy. She recalled I was normal like other boys when young. Often nude at home too until upanayanam. I could not properly explain to her. Perhaps as I grew up I became shy.
Then my sister suggested that both of us can come over weekend to their home which is nearby and I may try wearing kaupina as I will have my brother in law to give support and encouragement. I tried it for a few weeks. It was more like controlled experiment in lab. I did not mind going around with just kaupina before my wife , my sister and one maid servant.
After that my sister suggested that we should go to my wife's village for an extended trip coinciding with a festival. We did that. I could get adjusted in a couple of days to mix and move around among numerous relatives with kaupina as all males were like that only. Presence of females did not become a big issue except for a day or two. I have now completely overcome my shyness. You may try this route, Lakshmi Kant. All the best to and your wife. Wear just Kaupina always at home. That's enough for men. Do not worry about presence of females. They are indifferent . They do not even look at your kaupina . They are so used to it all the time. Shyness is in your mind. Overcome it as I did it

by Girish Sun Sep 04 04:42:05 UTC 2011

i came across this site by chance when i was browsing for details of upanayanam, and as a lady dance teacher myself,this detail is to clear muralis curiosity about boys learning dance wearing kaupinam and add to details given by jaidev and others about kaupinam as a dance costume. we know that in olden times and sometimes even now yogasanas were learnt and practised by boys wearing a tight fitting kaupinam. Indian Classical Dance like bharatanatyam is on par with yoga and in olden days young male students in gurukula tradition would have learnt dance wearing kaupinam only. there was nothing unusual as this was worn during upanayanam, going to temples, pooja time etc. by orthodox castes-as in my state tamil nadu-the tamil brahmins. i was fortunate to learn dance for some time during my school days from an elderly lady belonging to isai vellalar tradition[temple dancers].she once narrated to us girls how panties-which was becoming popular in rural areas only by late 1960s, was not there initially and her younger days, kaupinam was worn by girls also and how brahmin boysonly[no upper caste iyer girls was allowed to learn bharatanatyam for a long time in many part of tamil nadu] were initiated into dance by their art loving parents-especially mothers during 1950s under the direct tutelage of ladies from temple dancers families-and boys wore just kaupinam-of silk cloth and learnt dance along with the girls of these families. the girls wore silk pavadai and rovikai[blouse] while practice costume was only pattu kaupinam[as mentioned by radha iyer in this forum] for boys in bharatanatyam classes.thus kaupinam was worn by boys even in their school final years while learning bharatanatyam and that was very normal and nothing unusual in front of lady dance teachers and girl classmates.but now this tradition must have vanished. in my own case, when i taught dance to my son, though i insisted him to wear kaupinam, a dhoti was worn on top as all the girl students of mine were his own class mates in school, he was hesitating to wear only kaupinam during dance class. however when nobody else was at home, my son would willingly practise bharatanatyam in front of me wearing only kaupinam.i am told only in kerala's kalamandalam dance school boys wear kaupinam to learn dance form kathakali. if anyone knows of any other dance school or teacher where kaupinam is still the uniform for male dance students, kindly share through this form for all of us to know. this costume helps boys to dance well and teachers to see the progress of students well.

by sridevi ammal; kanchipuram Wed Sep 07 04:41:44 UTC 2011

i wear kovanam from my chilhood until that, iam 42 yrs old i no shy towear kovanam

by guest Sat Oct 15 06:34:55 UTC 2011

I WON'T HESISTATE TO WEAR KOMANAM EVERY DAY I DON'T SHY TO WEAR KOVANAM, BECAUSE I WEAR KOVANAM FROM MY CHILDHOOD I LIKE VERY MUCH TO WEAR KOVANAM ALWAYS

by arthur alphonse Sat Oct 15 07:46:03 UTC 2011

even in us everybody is wearing thongs which is 99.9 percent our komanam only
why we should hesitate to wear it

by balan Sun Oct 16 09:17:08 UTC 2011

even iam working in singapore i no shy to wear komanam everyday i wear kovanam for working also every indian must practise wear kovanam i like to wear komanam even other community people see also i no shy to wear

by guest Sun Oct 16 11:34:39 UTC 2011

respected sridevi teacher, i want some ideasfrom you. i am the mother of a high school boy who is learning bharatanatyam and kuchipudi. his teacher comes home to teach him. he wears kurta paijama in dance class. recently his teacher who had her dance training in tamilnadu, suggested he wear dhoti. i recently came across this forum and thought why not kaupinam for my son who is 14 years now, while learning dance. i told him about this and made him read this forum. he is very much interested to wear kaupinam only as the class is at home and only myself and his lady dance teacher will be present. I will speak to his dance teacher after you give me some ideas.i want to know how to make him wear this costume. should he wear ornaments like girdle? his teacher sometimes make him wear anklets. is this costume also worn with dance vastram?any other make up etc. while learning dance wearing kaupinam? please give me ideas teacher.

by radha nair; palakkad Mon Oct 17 07:05:10 UTC 2011

respected sridevi teacher, i want some ideasfrom you. i am the mother of a high school boy who is learning bharatanatyam and kuchipudi. his teacher comes home to teach him. he wears kurta paijama in dance class. recently his teacher who had her dance training in tamilnadu, suggested he wear dhoti. i recently came across this forum and thought why not kaupinam for my son who is 14 years now, while learning dance. i told him about this and made him read this forum. he is very much interested to wear kaupinam only as the class is at home and only myself and his lady dance teacher will be present. I will speak to his dance teacher after you give me some ideas.i want to know how to make him wear this costume. should he wear ornaments like girdle? his teacher sometimes make him wear anklets. is this costume also worn with dance vastram?any other make up etc. while learning dance wearing kaupinam? please give me ideas teacher.

by radha nair; palakkad Mon Oct 17 07:06:02 UTC 2011

I am 36 from Palakkad. I used to wear kaupina from my teenage. I feel it very comfortable. Why don't girls and ladies wear konakam like me? It is better than any other modern Underwear. Iam also insisted My husband and daugher to wear Konakam (Kaupina) as the underwear.

by Sudhamani. Palakkad. Thu Oct 20 10:57:41 UTC 2011

I would like to wear kaupina as my underwear. Before that Should I shave (remove) my public hair ? Is there any .... betweeen pubic hair and Komanam ?

by Unnikrishnan Tvm Thu Oct 20 11:01:22 UTC 2011

Generally Komanam will be white in color and slightly transparent. If you have large area of pubic hair it may be visible when you wear koamanm and that is liked by some females. Generally for avoiding its appearance through komanam pubic hairs are shaved periodically..Sometimes sweating will be there if you have large grown pubic hair,,and also bad smell. So you can avoid all these by removing the pubic hair regularly by shaving and applying Old spice on the surface..The surface will be neat and tidy..but it depends on how your other persons like it or not . So there is nothing compulsory to remove the pubic hair. Generally trandional women donot reomove th pubic hairs but they take care of it..wash it using soap, shampoo and oil

by pubic hair remover Fri Oct 21 12:21:33 UTC 2011

Girls can wear komanam like boys but during their periods it will be inconvenient ..it will become wet and untidy for them,,,else they like wearing kaomanam

by komanam Fri Oct 21 12:23:44 UTC 2011

Women while carrying shouldn't wear it as it will tighten the belly and may be harmful.

by guest Sat Oct 22 00:56:31 UTC 2011

WEARING kOAMANM AND DANCING WILL GIVE ENHANCED PLEASURE TO THE PERFORMER...IT WILL BE VERY NICE WEARING IT...AND DANCING..

by KOMANAM WEARER Tue Oct 25 06:05:42 UTC 2011

komanam wearer is correct in saying that it will be very nice wearing kaupinam and dancing. as i have mentioned earlier i learnt kuchipudi wearing only kaupinam. i used to feel very comfortable while learning difficult dance steps.i could perform kuchipudi steps very well wearing a tight kaupinam and my maternal aunt often used to say i used to look very graceful with my dance training costume -kaupinamm. dance students[boys] can think of using this traditional costume in their dance classes if teachers and parents permit.

by jaidev. Sat Oct 29 03:58:51 UTC 2011

Wow nice

by guest Sun Nov 06 05:00:00 UTC 2011

Do gals or women wear komana?do de feel comfortable like men?

by Shylaja Sun Nov 06 05:04:07 UTC 2011

i went for tuition to one school teacher. she taken me class from 3rd standard. till 12th standard i went to her. i mostly wear tight shorts. she will take class when i am near to her. she will put her knee on my leg. if any mistake i made. she will pinch inside the front of my shorts. that is near to my private

by infant Sun Nov 06 07:26:00 UTC 2011

Oh s it.so rude! Wats ur response for that?

by guest Sun Nov 06 08:07:25 UTC 2011

It is natural..the teacher must be feeling the pleasure within imagining something..
You must have had re action when an external soft body touched you...Rest I cannot imagine....as it happens instantaneously

by friends27 Mon Nov 07 01:26:39 UTC 2011

It is natural..the teacher must be feeling the pleasure within imagining something..
You must have had re action when an external soft body touched you...Rest I cannot imagine....as it happens instantaneously

by friends27 Mon Nov 07 01:26:39 UTC 2011

You must have got the initial experience in the natural acts..line of action for future use..

by friends27 Mon Nov 07 01:27:58 UTC 2011

You must have got the initial experience in the natural acts..line of action for future use..

by friends27 Mon Nov 07 01:27:58 UTC 2011

Konakam or Kaupinam is the Traditional costume of Draveedian culture. We can see Lord Krishna in Konakam only in Kerala or other southern states.Similiarly Lord Muruka in Komanam is only in Palani Temple. North Indian People don't know what is Konakam. They have another costume like konakam, which is Langoti. But that is not like Konakam, and very difficult to wear that. But konakam or Komanam is better to use, which is easy to wear.

by 123 Tue Nov 15 09:17:23 UTC 2011

I got really dense hair underneath inbetween buttchicks, which looks odd wen i wore komana so i never practised aft my maturity

by Srk Tue Nov 22 09:11:37 UTC 2011

hii every one.. Referin 2 de abv comments.. I am a doctor.. I was born and brought up n chennai.. I like 2 wear komanam frm my childhood, im wearin it occasionly and secretly coz my parents r totaly against it.. I agree wit some comments like it gives arousal, might prevent frm deviation of private part, we cn adjust de tightness and al those stuf.. But i totaly disagree wit every ones thot over here like it vl prevent frm hernia and hydrocele.. Dey r no way related wit komanam.. So its jus a inner wear, evry can come frwrd and use it.. Im sure u vl like it.. we cant expose ourself oly wit tat in public.. It vl be offensive..lol

by guest Thu Nov 24 07:08:08 UTC 2011

Doctor guest of 24th November
How is it that just because you are a doctor you could so categorically say that Komanam does not help in the case of hydrocele and hernia? Have you any medical basis for denying the effect of Komanam on these two conditions? I doubt it.

Many doctors even today advise their patients to wear Komanam to prevent hydrocele. The logic is simple. I mean when the komanam keeps the test icles firmly in place there is less risk of developing hydrocele due to shaking or due to contact with hard objects liek cycle seat.

Similarly the komanam helps in preventing hernia in the same way as a hernia girdle does. Again many doctors advise this for people with hernia tendency.

I agree that no medical research has been done either on the postive or neutral effects of kaupina. But that does not mean that one should use one's medical degree to make such assertions. Especially when many doctors recommend it.

by Nonstitched Mon Nov 28 04:56:38 UTC 2011

In komana,back tail ll be loosened aft few min, so i prefer thong instead of komana which s also made up of less material(only butt crack will be covered at d back)n gives modern look to komana.

by Srk Thu Dec 01 08:07:21 UTC 2011

Srk
You mention that "n komana,back tail ll be loosened aft few min". Never! You must be using a very short length for your Komanam. If you use just an extra 3 or 4 inch you will find that it will be well tucked in and never ome loose. Whereas thons with elastic are nothing but the same a jockey. Elastic will get loose after some time and the things will be loose.

by Nonstitched Sat Dec 03 12:06:54 UTC 2011

refering to de comment given by nonstitched on 28th nov,, aetiology of hydrocele and hernia is totally different,,thyr r no such doctors who advices 2 wear a loincloth for preventing hydrocele & hernia,, dey are no way related with komanam, moreover i dont wanna contend abt this 2 one who dont have basic knowledge in medicine..

by Dr Tue Dec 06 08:55:55 UTC 2011

komanam is the very good choice for teens. because in teen age the peins should arise and the boys have sexy feel also. so at that time they can easily pull out that and make it shown to all.and also they easily fk or suck with any one without need to remove the pant, underwear like that. we can simply release the penss and make sex(gay sex, mono sex, ...) and also we can pass semnn or spem in front of others without hesitation. i like komanam to this type of sucking and fcking. this will help while fcking we can simply come out the penss and insert it easily to the buttoks whole of other boy with the komanam. i wear komanam from the childhood and i do like this in teen age. it was exciting experience.

by guest Sat Dec 10 08:48:37 UTC 2011

with a loose fitting komanam in any chik touches the komanam involuntarily the liquid spurts out inside the komanam.

i have experienced this in palgaht when i was sixteen and my girl friend who was also sixteen came with me to the river in komanam and bra
in neck deep water we touched each others komanamm and i got my first release inside the komanamm
fortunately (or unfortunately) she is my wife for the past forty years

by suppamani Sun Dec 11 09:14:40 UTC 2011

komanam width should be in 9 inches and the length should be 40 inches so there is no chance to loose you can tuck inside tight. i regular komanam user iam very happy to wear komanam and feel very comfotable. i have 30 pcs of white colour komanam in my house every day use

by kumar komanampriyan Sun Dec 18 02:30:42 UTC 2011

The Doctor's comment of 6th December makes a point that having a mere medical degree such as MBBS or even MS and FRCS can be equated with "basic knowledge in medicine". (He quotes aetiology in support but that aetiology is nothing but something printed in some medical text book!)This is a questionable point in today's conditions when many ENT doctors say they specialise only in nose and not ear or throat problems!! Likewise there are orthopaedic surgeons who specialise in only ankle surgery and avoid doing any other surgery related to the bone.

The second point is that many doctors still recommend kaupinam as a preventive for hydrocele and hernia. Are we to assume that such doctors do not have "basic knowledge in medicine" even though they too have a medical degree just like our doctor friend.
I too do not want to contend this subject with someone like the doctor who simply asserts that only he has a right to state opinions on the subject because of his degree and "medical knowledge", ignoring the fact that other doctors hold different opinions.

by Nonstitched Wed Dec 21 05:31:03 UTC 2011

respected sridevi teacher,
thankyou for your advise. my dear son has started learning classical dance wearing kaupinam. i bought a yellow colour silk duppatta and cut it to shape for him. he wears kaupinam along with al the ornaments as you suggested.myself and his bharatanatyam teacher are very happy with his obedience and progress. teacher says my sons dance steps and poses have become relaxed and graceful.kaupinam is indeed a nice dance practise dress. thankyou.

by radha nair Mon Jan 30 11:00:30 UTC 2012

Kaupinam on a silver girdle with chimes and chunky silver anklets for the feet make a very good combination for boys learning Bharatanatyam or Kuchipudi.
I am happy that Ms Radha Nair is folllowing this dress code for her son.

by guest Thu Feb 02 09:37:50 UTC 2012

dear mrs.radha nair,
thankyou for accepting my suggestions. definitely, learning bharatanatyam wearing kaupinam will further improve your sons nritta bhangi. as the person[guest] in the above space has writeen kaupinam with ornaments is a woderful practice costume for boys for their classical dance class.good luck and blessings to your son who is so obedient-to take your beautiful suggestion, though such nice traditions are fast vanishing from our culture.

by srideviammal Mon Feb 06 10:00:21 UTC 2012

dear mrs.radha nair,
thankyou for accepting my suggestions. definitely, learning bharatanatyam wearing kaupinam will further improve your sons nritta bhangi. as the person[guest] in the above space has writeen kaupinam with ornaments is a woderful practice costume for boys for their classical dance class.good luck and blessings to your son who is so obedient-to take your beautiful suggestion, though such nice traditions are fast vanishing from our culture.

by srideviammal Mon Feb 06 10:00:22 UTC 2012

Hi guys , der s one more undergarment which looks lik komana"fundoshi"a japan peoples loincloth,which dnt require no thread in d waist, wear dis it gives same pleasure as komana. require

by Srk Thu Feb 09 07:24:31 UTC 2012

sridevi maam, is kaupinam used by classical dance teachers also as a costume for punishment for boy students? i find radha iyer, sujata raman and nice boy all mentioning boys are clad in kaupinam only when teachers are punishing boys.my mother teaches me dance and says she will give me such punishment when i do wrong steps in bharatanatyam.she read this forum recently when i was reading.

by a male dance student Thu Feb 23 04:20:36 UTC 2012

sridevi maam, is kaupinam used by classical dance teachers also as a costume for punishment for boy students? i find radha iyer, sujata raman and nice boy all mentioning boys are clad in kaupinam only when teachers are punishing boys.my mother teaches me dance and says she will give me such punishment when i do wrong steps in bharatanatyam.she read this forum recently when i was reading.

by a male dance student Thu Feb 23 04:22:15 UTC 2012

Teachers will enjoy seeing the thing coming out..and touch...and feel it..they will enjoy the pleasure ultimately

by wearer Wed Mar 21 08:14:13 UTC 2012

It is seen that all of the classical dance teachers are insisting boys students to wear konakam,but how many of the teachers are using it?i am bharathanataym performer and classical dance teacher from Neyyatinkara and i was instructed right from my learning class and still continuos.used to tight konakam with wide width cotton cloth better helps to stretch the legs and no discomfort at all.at first we wore konakam and then chilambu in one leg.in malayalam used to say cheelaketty chiambu aneyuka

by Vinodhini Sat Apr 07 20:09:36 UTC 2012

vinodini,
may i please know the meaning of 'cheelaketty'? is it another name for kaupinam? your name sounds like of girl. you girls also wore this costume for dance class? i am also learing dance[bharatanatya].

by shobha; bangalore Tue Apr 10 05:46:59 UTC 2012

vinodini,
i am radha nair, who has also wrote in this forum. are you also wearing kaupinam along with your dance vastram? are girls aslo using it? my son learns dance wearing this traditional costume after advise from another teacher -smt srideviammal,who has written here .

by radha nair Tue Apr 10 05:51:06 UTC 2012

vinodini,
i am radha nair, who has also wrote in this forum. are you also wearing kaupinam along with your dance vastram? are girls aslo using it? my son learns dance wearing this traditional costume after advise from another teacher -smt srideviammal,who has written here .

by radha nair Tue Apr 10 05:51:06 UTC 2012

Radha Nair > it is good that your son learns dance by wearing the traditional costume of kaupinam or konakam. Konakam should be worn whether he learns dance or not. I am happy that you are keeping the traditional costom and write to inform you that I am also a regular wearer of kaupinam or konakam and I am from Trichur presently in Mumbai.

by konakam Wed Apr 11 05:26:21 UTC 2012

I always wear komanam night it very comfortable. And day time also wear komanam and do my work. My frds also wear komanam after see me . In sundays i wear full time wear only komanam. I cannot shy. Its very comfortable and air free.

by Guest Fri Apr 13 15:49:44 UTC 2012

Dear Radha Maa> i am 21 years old and learning odissi from last three years from Suchitra mam(our house owner's wife). During dance practice she and my mother made me to wear a soft cotton pantie above which black half pant and a yellow pallu across the shoulder. As for ornaments i do wear a gold chain, ear pins, bracelets in right hand , finger rings and for waist, katisutra(black thread with four strings) and anta bicha( thin gold chain worn around waist). Besides these my dance teacher ask us to wear silver anklets instead of ankle bells since it create less noise and kajol for eyes.

by saswat Sun May 06 01:48:25 UTC 2012

ggggggggg

by guest Sat May 19 09:53:14 UTC 2012

Konakam is the best. U can adjust tightness as your requirement and keep ur secret parts in a good posture. Do not be shy buy and start to use from today.

by Kaupinadhari Thu Jun 28 21:25:05 UTC 2012

I wear komanam in home only wen i alone.
But now im i always wearing komanam..what happened is now working in Chennai rented a house staying alone usually i do oil bath in Saturday to reduce heat.At first i didn't use kom i used my boxer but it is spoiled with oil so i decided to wear kom but i don't think of buying new cloth i thought to ask my neighbor which is next & only home. couples living tr no child i don want to mention her name she is friendly i asked her if any old clothes she gave me her teared saree i don want to wear flower printed so i asked another like shy replied why. I ignored to say but she replied only if u tell truth i'l give so i told she giggled & gave her husband's doti then i cut myself for req size nd wore it for bathing few days later she saw me putting wet towel for drying outside me in komanam she stunned nd came to me she told never saw a man like tis nd liked she noticed my komanam told me it is poorly cut she is a taylor so she asked me she'l stitch it properly i agreed nd gave it to her later she give me with surprisingly 3 new komanam nd She'd like to see me in all komanams so i showed to her she liked, me too its too perfect.I thanked her. days later forget my boxer i wear it regularly cz i've 4 komanams when i come home i undress nd wear only komanam its getting usual. one day she came to my room i was in komanam she was surprised i told her nowadays i wear only komanam she started come visit regularly cha,watching tv together i always in komanam nd in Saturdays she apply oil to me for bath she always notice my harrd on but never asked, me too its cool our relationship is friendly still going on....nowadays i wear back side rounded like rope exposing my back only front side covered actually she gave the idea nd she love it.....
I suggest u guys wear komanam especially in front of females its embarrassing, new feel, try once in life bfr die wear komanam wear komanam show urself to girls nd enjoy nd im enjoying with my girl

by wear komanam Thu Jul 05 21:10:30 UTC 2012

I wear komanam in home only wen i alone.
But now im i always wearing komanam..what happened is now working in Chennai rented a house staying alone usually i do oil bath in Saturday to reduce heat.At first i didn't use kom i used my boxer but it is spoiled with oil so i decided to wear kom but i don't think of buying new cloth i thought to ask my neighbor which is next & only home. couples living tr no child i don want to mention her name she is friendly i asked her if any old clothes she gave me her teared saree i don want to wear flower printed so i asked another like shy replied why. I ignored to say but she replied only if u tell truth i'l give so i told she giggled & gave her husband's doti then i cut myself for req size nd wore it for bathing few days later she saw me putting wet towel for drying outside me in komanam she stunned nd came to me she told never saw a man like tis nd liked she noticed my komanam told me it is poorly cut she is a taylor so she asked me she'l stitch it properly i agreed nd gave it to her later she give me with surprisingly 3 new komanam nd She'd like to see me in all komanams so i showed to her she liked, me too its too perfect.I thanked her. days later forget my boxer i wear it regularly cz i've 4 komanams when i come home i undress nd wear only komanam its getting usual. one day she came to my room i was in komanam she was surprised i told her nowadays i wear only komanam she started come visit,chat regularly,watching tv together i always in komanam nd in Saturdays she apply oil to me for bath she always notice my bulge but never asked, me too its cool our relationship is friendly still going on....nowadays i wear back side rounded like rope exposing my back only front side covered actually she gave the idea nd she love it.....
I suggest u guys wear komanam especially in front of females its embarrassing, new feel, try once in life bfr die wear komanam wear komanam show urself to girls nd enjoy nd im enjoying with my girl

by Wear komanam in front of girls Thu Jul 05 21:13:24 UTC 2012

Very nice to read the above comments posted by Wear komanam in front of girls. I am also a regular komanam wearer and I enjoy wearing and I always sleep in komanam only. Komanam is my dress at home. Keep posting such kind of comments and interesting to read and enjoy.

by komanakutty Mon Jul 09 11:29:07 UTC 2012

IT IS ALMOST GUD

by john Wed Aug 15 03:56:36 UTC 2012

our ancestors wearing konakam is based on ayurveda displine and also geometric bones of human body, konakam must and should wear all of them at all age group, its comfortable to flow blood all parts of the body.

by albert einstein Mon Sep 03 13:39:47 UTC 2012

our ancestors wearing konakam is based on ayurveda discipline and also geometric bones of human body, konakam must and should wear all of them at all age group, its comfortable to flow blood all parts of the body.

by albert einstein Mon Sep 03 13:41:50 UTC 2012

Dear Mr Albert - what you said is right. I am also a regular konakam wearer and in the night I wear only konakam and go to sleep. What about you. Are you a regular konakam wearer and do you konakam and go to office ?

by konaka priyan Tue Sep 04 15:11:43 UTC 2012

I am not sure why I am posting this comment. But I simply love to get back to Indian traditions, and Komanam or Langoti is the original fashion inner. I would love to hear of the scope of reviving in the fashion world of mcqueens and pradas.
There is a sensual tone for those who wear that, as the butt cheeks are in touch with the trouser fabric or the dhoti fabric, and this may not be advisable at work place.
It can be a good home wear, and personal wear. Never when you ride a bike, I guess, but do not know the medical side of it.

by blue Sat Sep 22 11:58:23 UTC 2012

is it ok to bath with komanam in river in front of so many males and females and children?

If anyone wants to comment on my komanam they can view the below links.
komanamkaupina(dot)blogspot(dot)in(slash)2012(slash)09(slash)komanam-kaupeenam-kovanam(dot)html
komanamkaupina(dot)blogspot(dot)in(slash)2012(slash)09(slash)blog-post(dot)html
Hope it is good enough and dont forget to comment.

by Aravind Fri Sep 28 09:09:24 UTC 2012

Hi ,
The year 2012 is coming to an end and I take this opportunity to wish all the members a Happy , Prosperous and Traditional New Year .
Here traditional I mean , that we should respect the traditional custom and here the custom means, wearing “ komanam “. If anyone is willing to start wearing komanam, he can start from the day 1 of 2013.
Enjoy wearing komanam and feel comfort.

by n iyer Mon Dec 31 03:10:51 UTC 2012

I really love it

by guest Sun Jan 20 02:15:38 UTC 2013

Aravind, I am regularly bathing at river by wearing only KONAKAM. There is no problem with it. I think people admireit. It is our traditional under wear.

by guest Sun Jan 20 02:22:50 UTC 2013

At the end of my story you can understand the importance of Komanam in my life. My mother died at my birth, father married again and left me with uncle. But at my 6th age uncle died and his family including his wife and daughter faced starvation. I had only 1 pair of dress at the time. I was naked at my home hours. Only when the existing uniform becomes entirely unusable, aunt bought another one for me. I had to go for work in the near places in nude.
This unfortunate situation continues up to my 15 th age. My parts matured and hair formed around. Neighbors advised aunt to clothed me, even they were not ready to help. I was very ashamed to go out. But aunt compelled me to go for work. I had to work in front of people including women and children. Even the 10yr boys were clothed st that time. I face lot of insult. One day I went to work in a Brahmin family. They advised me to cover my nudity and presented a Konakam. It was the happiest moment in my 15 yrs life. I put it close to my heart. That day is really a turning point in my life.

by Anu Kumar Sun Jan 20 04:48:10 UTC 2013

Continuing.... when I begin to wear komanam, I could go for further jobs. So I bought 2 pair of trousers and cotton cloths for komanam. I restarted my education. But I didn't wish to hide the Komanam. I continue to wear only it at home up to the age of 18. It was my regular underwear. At 18 when I joined in college, I began to wear dhoties. But in the college I faced ragging and I had to stand several times Only in konakam. As it was a mixed college my friends began to wear trunk trousers. But I was not ready to leave my Konakam. My past had given me a lot of guts. So I overcome the teasing. Later my college mates admired me, and lot of them asked doubts about how to wear it. My pet name was 'KONAN', and I was called 'Konakam Brand Ambassader'. I consider it as a great admiration.

by Anu Kumar Sun Jan 20 05:37:29 UTC 2013

Dear Anu Kumar, New generation will wonder to read your story. But I have no wonder in it. I began to wear Konakam only at 13. I was entirely naked till that time. I got dhotis only at 17. Now that nostalgic thoughts feel amazing to me. But I wonder to read the forums of Girish and Karthik that they still wear only komanam at home. I am eager to know which are the exact places in Tamil Nadu, still practicing it.....

by Manikuttan Sun Jan 20 06:54:28 UTC 2013

My 12 yrs old son use konakam regularly at his 8 yrs old onwards. It he use in the home and also outside. He not using other readymade innerwears. Sometimes I and my wife allow him wearing konakam only in the home. In his open bath he also using konakam only. But, he go to bed he waring a towel or dhoti only. While I do not allow to wear konakam. In my opinion, Konakam is very comfortable for all boys. Konakam is a trational dress and very beatifull for male children. So the parents insist your boys to waring konakam regularly. It is also good for your boys helath.
- Ramkumar

by Ramkumar Sun Jan 27 09:29:35 UTC 2013

My 13 yrs teenage time I was very adament my parents cannot control me in summer season I went out play with teenage boys near one pond. There was a bush and many snakes my parents controlled me not go that place for playing again I went out my father beat me at the time my aunt came in she said to my parentsdont beat him and she give idea to my parents next time if he go out same place give punishment dont give dress ask him to wear komanam at home this one actually I dontknow after 2 days I went same place to play with my friends my mother came that place she brought to me at home ask me to remove the dress and ask me to wear white cloth komanam. She told me this your dress for one week no other dress you stay at home I was too shy bcos I have 4 elder sisters in front of them I wore komanam for one week no other dress my mother never give. I sleep with komanam and eating also go to bathing with komanam ask me to wear another komanam after bathing after one week no shy towear komanam infront of my parents and my sisters very nice experience and still Iam continuing this habit wear komanam my under wear for everyday in my life

by komanam Guru Tue Jan 29 09:57:58 UTC 2013

KOMANAM GURU - Do not wear komanam over your underwear. Remove your underwear and wear only komanam. Komanam is your dress and it is traditional and you should continue wearing only komanam at home. I am also a komanam wearer staying in City. I use stiched komanam and I use even while going to office.

by R Iyer Thu Jan 31 04:04:57 UTC 2013

komanam Guru why you have to wear komanam as a punishmennt? whats your aunts idea of giving punishment?

by r Sat Feb 02 11:33:45 UTC 2013

Am wearin.komanam from my age 14.. now am 23... I hvnt used jatti since 9 years... So all girls try wearing komanam.... Shaving ur pubic hair ll be still better...

by divya Wed May 15 19:35:10 UTC 2013

Very good Divya > Continue wearing komanam and enjoy. Please ensure that you select a orthodox life partner who is wearing komanam from the child hood days itself. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to make him wear komanam. Komanam is very good Dress for Gents and however, girls can also opt for the same. But komanam is a must for Gents - WHAT I HEARD IS THAT KOMANAM IS MORE THAN THAN SUFFICIENT FOR GENTS. IN FACT, " KOMANAM PURUSHA LAKSHANAM " . I AM A KOMANAM WEARER FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS AND I REALLY ENJOY WEARING KOMANAM . I DO ALL POOJA & EVERYING ONLY WEARING KOMANAM.

by komanam lover Sat May 18 03:59:43 UTC 2013

Esh > try start wearing komanam like Divya. She is enjoying wearing komanam. You should also start wearing komanam like Divya and should enjoy.

by Komanam guest Mon May 20 06:51:08 UTC 2013

yaa I wear every it........... every night I sleep only it on my body & nothing else....... I enjoy very much....... I feel very much shy to go before my maid in it.....

by Esh Mon May 20 17:15:25 UTC 2013

Esh > Nothing to feel shy. Be free ... Komanam is nothing but an underwear. Wearing komanam is anytime better than the costly readymade underwear. I wish more & more people choose komanam as their underwear and promote komanam - the readymade underwear should vanish.

by komanam guest Tue May 21 03:46:52 UTC 2013

Girls started to use komanam... But boys r still feeling shy... Try it n see.. its better than ur jatti...

by priya Tue May 21 10:46:37 UTC 2013

S priya... U r rite

by divya Tue May 21 11:26:52 UTC 2013

I dont feel shy in using it as undergarment...... but I feel shy to go before my maid or my neighbour auntie just in Komanam....... What if she giggles...

by Esh Tue May 21 14:06:30 UTC 2013

Y ur gettin shy Esh?

by guest Tue May 21 17:19:19 UTC 2013

Esh... U hv to reject ur shynesss first...

by divya Wed May 22 11:04:10 UTC 2013

hey Divya can Shall be frnds in gmail please...

by Esh Wed May 22 13:56:52 UTC 2013

Priya > Definitely , komanam is much better than jatti. Komanam is the traditional dress of Hindu Religion and everybody ( I mean all boys and Males) should wear compulsorily from the young age itself. We have to understand that KOMANAM PURUSHA LAKSHANAM - Komanam is our traditional dress and we should respect this costume. Nothing to feel shy - one should feel proud of wearing komanam. I am also a komanam wearer and I am quite happy with it. Komanam is my dress and I really enjoy wearing komanam. One can see komanma images in google ... komanam images. There a lot of komanam snaps.

by komanam lover Fri May 24 03:42:39 UTC 2013

Divya > what you said is right. We have to throw away shyness and then only it is possible to wear komanam.
First, what I would like to tell is that Boys upto the age of 11 should wear only komanam at home and there should not any other dress other than komanam. After the age of 12, he may be allowed to wear dhoti of pant or any other dress at home. However, all the other dress should be allowed only with komanam innerwear. No readymade dress should be allowed to use except komanam, for underwear purpose. That is how we have to train our coming generation to keep up our tradition. KOMANAM IS A MUST - WEARING KOMANAM INDICATES "PURUSHA LAKSHANAM"

by Iyer Wed Jun 12 03:48:36 UTC 2013

Sri Iyer finishes his blog with usual 'kaupinam purusha lakhanam'. What about beard, mustache or kuduma distinguishing mala from females?

by inquisitive konakam wearer Wed Jul 17 18:40:03 UTC 2013

In my last blog, I mis-spelt male as mala. Sorry.

by inquisitive konakam wearer Sat Jul 20 17:13:06 UTC 2013

Komanam is good for all male and female white colour cotton cloth beeter for komanam making . I have 12 pcs of white cotton cloth komanam. I wear komanam at ome as a dress some times I will come out with my komanamin front of girls and ladies neighbours. I dont feel shy and dont care about comments and laughing. Komanam is my dress and whole life costume y not we wear komanam in front of others girls can wear bikini in beach y men can't wear in public. every saturday I take oil bath in komanam and I will stand in public and sunlight. This my style and I changed my name Mohan from komanam

by Komanam Mohan Fri Aug 23 08:02:46 UTC 2013

I was using panties until I got married, then my husband used to wear komanam at home and also while sleeping. He persuaded me to wear komanam and I found it very exciting. That is how I started wearing komanam. Now I always use komanam instead of ready made panties. I found strips of old sarees make very comfortable and economical komanam. The advantages of komanam are that it is very simple, economical, and comfortable and also it improves your sex life. Many do not like it because the string around the waist hurts. This can be avoided by using a thicker silk string. I use a slightly thicker gold string around my waist which is also a jewellery, very comfortable and does not bite on my skin. My hubby uses a silver string. I wear komanam during periods too. I use cloth folded as a pad to absorb the discharge and over which I tie my komanam. I can adjust the tightness of komanam to avoid leaking. It is very economical and hygienic (no allergic reaction) than using commercially marketed products which may cause irritation of the skin and itching. I change the cloth pads two or three times as needed and they can be washed and reused. Old cotton saree strips are ideal for komanam as they are cheap and can be discarded if needed after a few times.
We make our children also wear komanam at home instead of ready made underwear. Try komanam, you will not like ready made panties any more.

by Priya Tue Sep 17 04:11:01 UTC 2013

Priya, by wearing konakam our buttocks will exposed,so it may be very embrassing,iam right priya.

by Guest Wed Sep 18 14:22:42 UTC 2013

"We can make our boys wear only komanam at home till the age og 15 so that whenever need arises we can beat them."
I am sure a viscious criminal like you becomes excited attacking children, and 'beats off' later. You need impisonment where you can be a good 'prison wife'.

by Skeptical Fri Nov 15 03:49:20 UTC 2013

am 22 years old . am like to wear komanam only. it is very comfortable at home...

by guest Sat Nov 30 17:39:29 UTC 2013

am 22 years old . am like to wear komanam only. it is very comfortable at home...

by guest Sat Nov 30 17:39:30 UTC 2013

EVERY ONE SHOULD USE KONAKAM BECAUSE IT IS
1. EASY TO MADE
2. EASY TO USE
3. EASY TO MAINTAIN
4. EASY TO WASH AND DRY
IT CAN BE MADE
BY ANY ONE
IN ANY TIME
ANY WHERE
WITH IN NO TIME
SAJI TVM

by SAJI TVM Sun Dec 29 03:08:44 UTC 2013

WHY WE ARE PAYING FOR INNER WEARS IF WE
CAN MAKE KAUPEENA OF OUR OWN WITH IN NO TIME?

KAUPEENA CAN BE MADE
BY ANY ONE
AT ANY WHERE
WITH IN NO TIME
THATS THE UNIQUENESS OF UNDER WEAR CALLED
KAUPEENA OR KONAKAM

KAUPEENA IS THE BEST INNER WEAR BECAUSE IT IS
EASY TO MAKE
EASY TO USE
EASY TO WASH AND DRY
EASY TO MAINTAIN
EASY TO CARRY

USE KAUPEENA AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE

by SAJI TVM Sun Dec 29 04:05:55 UTC 2013

I was punished in komanam . please check link
use h t t p s
www.youtube(dot)com(slash)watch?v=9ZqmNg96uR0

by guest Tue Mar 18 16:17:08 UTC 2014

I wore komanam( konakam)from the age of 14 and a silver Aranjanam also, i hold the konakam in my Aranjanam. Both r i like and a great feel and comfort.Now iam39.

by manu Fri Apr 11 15:00:53 UTC 2014

it is this kaupinam on silver girdle that i too wore, while learning kuchipudi dance from my aunt, during my highschool days and it is indeed a very nice practise costume for learing Indian classical dance in a traditional way.
jaidev;mysore

by guest Tue May 27 08:26:08 UTC 2014

സ്വന്തമായി തയ്യാറാക്കാനാക്കാനാകുന്ന കൗപീനം ഉള്ളപ്പോള്‍ എന്തിന് അടി വസ്ത്രത്തിനായി നാം പണം ചെലവാക്കണം?
ആര്‍ക്കും എളുപ്പത്തില്‍ ഉണ്ടാക്കാവുന്ന
എളുപ്പത്തില്‍ നനയ്ക്കാവുന്ന
എളുപ്പത്തില്‍ ഉണക്കാവുന്ന
ആരോഗ്യ ദായകമായ
ആദായകരമായ
അടി വസ്ത്രമാണ്
കോണകം kaupina

ഒന്നു ചിന്തിച്ചാല്‍
ഒരു പക്ഷേ ഈ ആശയം
നിങ്ങളുടെ ജീവിതത്തെ മാറ്റി മറിച്ചു എന്നു വന്നേക്കാം
പ്രാവര്‍ത്തികമാക്കാന്‍ കഴിഞ്ഞാല്‍....

by കൗപീന മാഹാത്മ്യ Sat Jul 26 03:59:25 UTC 2014

jaidev and manu, me and my brother who are twin children, learnt bharatanatyam in traditional style from the age of 13 and a half. my dance teacher kalamandalam veena iyer teacher made me wear a dhoti-actually a dhavani cloth in kuchipudi[katcha style] along with a silk choli while my brother was always[till the age of 16], was made to wear a silk kaupinam held tight in his velli -aranjanam[silver girdle with nice chimes].
mamatha; palakkad

by guest Sun Sep 14 18:42:32 UTC 2014

nice to know Mamatha's brother too like me was made to wear kaupinam while learning classical dance. it is nice to have dance teachers who insist on traditions.
it is a nice undergarment too. in fact on my rngapravesham day at my village shiva temple, my chikkamma[mothers younger sister who was also my guru in kuchipudi dance] suggested i wear a silk kaupinam as my undergarment before wearing my nritta vastara-dance dhoti the way you wore for your dance class. my rangapravesha came out so well. all congratulated me. many of the ladies[who knew dance] and many of my girl classmates who came to see my rangapravesha told me and my chikkamma that my kuchipudi nritta steps[which were difficult] was very graceful.
i am not dancing now as i am busy with my job but is lucky thanks to my dance loving mother, got married to a graceful bharatanatyam dancer. i felt very proud of my amma and chikkamma and ofcourse myself when my dear wife thanked both of them in the very first week of our marriage for gifting her a classical dance knowing and appreciating husband.during the first vijayadashami-saraswathi pooja after our marriage, both of us danced and i wore my silk kaupinam before putting on my dance dhoti which was very well admired my by special girl.
jaidev

by jaidev mysore Tue Sep 16 18:05:09 UTC 2014

i am happy to see two posts connected with wearing kaupinam for dance class. i also had the same privilege. i am fortunate to have learnt dance many years ago when i was a student from my amma who knew both bharatanatyam and mohiniattam.father was too busy with small business and came home late. i was the only child and amma started teaching me dance for time pass on certain days-when i did not want to go out and play. but wearing kaupinam happened by chance. i was actually wearing pyjama kurta or dhoti for dance. once during my summer vacation in kerala, both of us went to Sri Guruvayur temple and while shopping after worship, i saw interesting pieces of yellow strips of cloth in one wayside shop and was curious and asked amma about it. she smiled and told it was konam[kaupinam's malayalam name] which srikrishna also wore and asked me whether i wanted it. i felt shy to answer as it was too small a dress but my mother bought few of them and then took me to a small silver jewellery shop and bought two silver aranjanams[girdles] and silver padasarams[anklets] with bells for me.she also bought few peacock feathers from another shop. i did not understand why amma was buying all this. we travelled back home. next day when i was ready for my dance class in the morning itself after bath as it was holidays, amma walked in with a smile with all the items she had bought from the temple town the previous day and told me that it will be nice if i dress up like infant krishna and learn dance. she told me that it is going to be like mother yeshoda teaching her son krishna. i too agreed. i was asked to take off the dhoti i was wearing which i did but felt very shy as i was entering my teenage when i was asked to wear kaupinam after taking off my shaddi[underwear] also. but i obliged as i was getting curious about my new dance learning attire. i wore the silveraranjanam and amma helped me wear that beautiful yellow kaupinam tight and then the silver anklets. she fixed the peacock feather on my hair as it was little long-we never had strict hair cuts in village schools in 1960s and boys did have slightly long hair.i told my mother about my fear that the costume may come off. further i was really feeling shy with my buttocks being so visible in the new costume. amma comforted me with a hug and confidence giving words and told me that she will today teach me the slow and graceful mohiniattam which does not require any jumps or vigorous steps. we started the class and i felt so nice and comfortable. my shyness and discomfort slowly vanished as amma was my teacher and i was the only student of hers and nobody else would walk in. but mohiniattom was classical dance meant for girls and i wanted to get back to bharatanatyam. i had gained confidence to learn classical dance wearing kaupinam. after about three days of mohiniyattom classes wearing kaupinam, amma started off with teaching me bharatanatyam. initially i had to tighten the tail part once in a while but later it was so comfortable learning bharatanatyam wearing kaupinam with krishna's getup and it was for me just yeshoda and krishna in action. of course giving punishment to me when i did not get my dance steps right was easy for amma and tough for me. because ammas favourite punishment for me was a nice beating on my buttocks with her open palm-usually three and rarely upto six for repeated mistakes. i was obedient and accepted amma as my strict teacher and did not want to be letoff without punishment in my dance class. someone had asked is konam a punishment time costume. for me till my tenth standard konam was my bharatanatyam class uniform which doubled as a convenient punishment time costume also. i also performed in my school and won prize. i thank my dear amma for this wonderful costume, dance classes and for disciplining me just like a traditional strict dance guru would discipline her student in dance class for mistakes. thankyou amma and thankyou others for sharing their information

by sreeraj;trishur Wed Sep 17 07:26:20 UTC 2014

jaidev, did you wear a plain kaupinam while learning classical dance? was it also colourful?

by guest Thu Oct 09 04:39:15 UTC 2014

I had worn silk kaupinam while learning kuchipudi.My aunt[mother's sister who was my dance guru] and my mother actually made many beautiful kaupinams for me[i think by cutting some silk cloth-blouse piece or some other cloth]to wear during my dance class.colourful kaupinams-especially of silk cloth-so nice to wear, is indeed very beautiful.

by jaidev Fri Oct 10 08:24:52 UTC 2014

mamatha, how is this costume kaupinam different from the panties that we girls wear? is it worn for all classical dance class in India? i am planning to come to south India to learn classical dance.

by michelle; paris Wed Oct 15 03:59:04 UTC 2014

kaupinam looks like our panties from the front especially if it is colour ful likethe one my brother wore for his bharatanatyam dance class but the backside is uncovered-there is just a tail at the back-i mean unlike panties kaupinam does not cover buttocks. i dont know now it is used in dance class but previously in many traditional dance classes boys wore kaupinam as classical dance uniform for practise. you can see few other have given details in this forum. wish you good luck for your bharatanatyam dance learning in South India.

by mamatha Sat Oct 18 17:45:40 UTC 2014

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Blackboard Forum
Placebo effect Forum
Swearing Forum
Name-calling Forum
Lie Forum
Bullying Forum
Hallway Forum
Vandalism Forum
Truancy Forum
School corporal punishment Forum
Caning in Singapore Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | snowboard or ski | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2011 forumjar.com All rights reserved.