Forum Jar

Forum Jar : Diversi-Dial Forum : DDial
See other topics in Diversi-Dial Forum

Diversi-Dial Forum

Important rules for using Diversi-Dial Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: DDial
So i'm wondering how many know of this forum? and whatever ddialers are still left existing or breathing are probably a small number. But yeah DDial definetly had an affect on alot of people, awsum memories, Rock On!

by XxSwitchBladexX Fri Jun 24 10:47:53 UTC 2011

if any of you have the urge or the time, google digitaldial.us and read about RetroDial V1.0b Programmed by que? aka Adam, the genius behind this tiny app. Perhaps we can conjure up some (Old School) and (New School).

by XxSwitchBladexX Fri Jun 24 10:58:27 UTC 2011

Still going on strong and have since been linked through COTOSNET-LINKER via CarrierSync-Retro-Dial HOSt with RMAC, REBOOT & 385-North DDials or RetroDials systems. Have also added via the website at www.digitaldial.us ("FTELNET") for connecting via ("WEBPAGE"). New version of Retro-Dial last released in May, 2012.

by guest Tue Jul 03 11:43:09 UTC 2012

Okay so nothing really new, same old stuff. Chat is up has been since August, 2008. Wish i had more user base and activity also. I know it's mega-retro and no-one cares much for it, but it's worth the try and effort. Remember that all can be viewed at digitaldial.us for all information on Retro-Dial.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sat Sep 08 17:46:16 UTC 2012

Another Sunday evening and a possible retro-chat on digitaldial, we shall see..

by XxSwitchBladexX Mon Sep 17 00:08:07 UTC 2012

Okay so i have been told that Retro-Dial 2.0 will be released * Soon! * Can't wait! ;) This indeed will be such a new enhancement from v1.0

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Jan 29 18:21:39 UTC 2013

Alright so where do i begin? Okay station 385-North has since departed from the links due to not having enough time to monitor his station. David Bradley who is the SysOp will be taking a break for now and will possibly make a return when RetroDial 2.0 is released, until then we will have to see.

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Feb 26 13:40:08 UTC 2013

I updated to Fedora 18 and my system refused to run. I am hoping that the new update will also cure any issues Retro has with Fedora. I would love to get 385-North back up with out having to go back to an older OS.

by David Bradley Tue Feb 26 14:53:08 UTC 2013

As of this time @ 12:15 PM hours Station-385 North is officially up and running, ATM.

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Mar 12 15:38:39 UTC 2013

Anyone remember the "mere illusion" & "mirror image" d-dials ran by sysob bob in new jersey in the 80s? Good times..

by Jim Mon Apr 15 01:04:51 UTC 2013

I used to hang out with Bob aka b0b0 in his camaro back when he ran Mere illusion. I even hung out with him a few times when he worked as a manager for Party City. I wonder how b0b is doing these days, it's been a long time since i have talked with him or know his where abouts. I hear that he lives somewhere in the south and has moved out of jersey for quite some time.

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Apr 23 10:55:51 UTC 2013

I was also on mere illusion and mirror image way back when.. Run by sysop bob..

by guest Thu Jun 27 22:04:27 UTC 2013

Yeah those were the days, don't know where b0b is these days, but i'm sure he's out there hustling as usual. I was able to visit his house one time and remember the clutterness environment he had back when he had a DDial system up in his personal room, what a sight that was! Overall b0b was fun to hang out with and was considered to be elYte back then.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sat Jul 06 19:03:54 UTC 2013

Where can we get Retro Dial? I'd like to get something setup.

by troy@liquiddigital.us Sun Jul 14 23:15:10 UTC 2013

The actual site is down to place an order on CarrierSync Software. I'm not sure when it will be back on-line, the author is going through some changes ATM. I'll keep you and everyone else posted on the status of RetroDial.

by XxSwitchBladexX Thu Oct 31 18:13:03 UTC 2013

System crash will reboot as soon as i get the chance. Will not be able to login on the system until then, thanks.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sun Nov 17 17:44:44 UTC 2013

Well looks like we no longer are linked with Savage Frontier or RMAC DDial. Something about the RDIAL systems infected with BOTS. Problem has been rectified and corrected but still refuse otherwise.

by XxSwitchBladexX Wed Feb 05 11:32:55 UTC 2014

Nothing new ATM - que doing it up with his DJ GIG and partying lots and lots! Eventually he will get to complete version 2.0, can't wait!

by XxSwitchBladexX Fri Mar 07 12:21:27 UTC 2014

Port 843 was not assigned to my router and caused the chatserver to crash due to a broken pipe. Everything is back to normal, stop on in!

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Aug 05 13:37:18 UTC 2014

Hello. Testing

by Dunard Tue Aug 05 13:41:47 UTC 2014

long live d-dial & synergy... mere illusion & mirror image, sysop b0b.... type slash quack!

by JDagga Thu Nov 20 03:41:00 UTC 2014

Haven't heard or seen of bObO in so many years. I got one good piece of memory from the time he drove that cool CAMARO in the hometown he lived in and when he managed the "PARTY CITY" store. bOb where you at?

by XxSwitchBladexX Sun Dec 14 12:23:57 UTC 2014

nOthing new atm, all is calm and quiet for the mOst part. Looks like DDial Mouse and DJ have parted on their own ways. They got a bit to greedy and ended up with ( 0 ) user SYSTEM just like mine. Once and a blue moon chris537 connects for a little bit and that's all of the activity i have gOtten so far.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sat Feb 21 12:48:59 UTC 2015

Looks like "The Jungle" BBS,Teleconference,& DDial is now back online after being offline for 5 or more years. Marc Frega the SysOp of that system threw it back up and has been pretty much active with alot of the oldschool users from that time. do a search for it and check it out and you can also connect via the website to the system.

by XxSwitchBladexX Tue Sep 15 19:42:54 UTC 2015

Looks like que has halted from doing any more updates with RetroDial software. It appears that he has other projects lined up like his DJ-GIG and is consuming a large amount of his cOding time. Perhaps this is what he needs a break from it all, hopefully there will be interest later on when the time is right.

by XxSwitchBladexX Thu Oct 29 04:43:15 UTC 2015

2015 is just about gone and 2016 in just one week away. My chatserver is more of a ghost town thanything else. I now connect as much as i can on the Jungle BBS and on RMAC and stay logged on until i lose a connection, etc. I think que relisted, and enlisted himself to the military to pursue different goals or dreams, That fire has dwindled away. No more future updates of RetroDial will be continued from the looks of it. It was a good run with hosting DigitalDial-#1 since August of 2008. Will continue to host as long as the equipment stays alive.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sat Dec 26 09:52:23 UTC 2015

Talked with QUE a few days ago and there is still interest in development, stay tuned!

by XxSwitchBladexX Thu Jan 28 11:01:53 UTC 2016

Is it possible to get RDial source to compile? Are RDial stations allowed to connect to Savage Frontier and RMAC?

by FM Sat Feb 13 04:01:55 UTC 2016

Yeah, the program alone can LINK in with SF and RMAC. But as of right now SF is not online and RMAC refuses to LINK and i have no clue as to WHY.

by XxSwitchBladexX Sun Jun 19 10:11:36 UTC 2016

So what's new you mas ask? Nothing at the moment. Still have hosting Rdial 1.0.-.2.0 in the works, I think? Don't know really, haven't been notified for the past year or so. I guess we shall have to wait and see. The site is still going strong and no further activity the same like it has been since day (1).

by XxSwitchBladexX Sun Dec 18 04:22:19 UTC 2016

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Online chat Forum
Bulletin board system Forum
Baud Forum
Internet Relay Chat Forum
CompuServe Forum
United States Forum
Telenet Forum
PC Pursuit Forum
Farmington Hills, Michigan Forum
Michigan Forum
Sysop Forum
Computer cluster Forum
Apple II Forum
Synergy Teleconferencing System Forum
STS Forum
IBM PC Forum
GEnie Forum
Internet Forum
Chicago Forum
Apple //e Forum
Telnet Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | snowboard or ski | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2011 forumjar.com All rights reserved.