Forum Jar

Forum Jar : Broadcasting Forum : 60fps video and iMovie Import issue? Solved!
See other topics in Broadcasting Forum

Broadcasting Forum

Important rules for using Broadcasting Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: 60fps video and iMovie Import issue? Solved!
1Does iMovie 11 properly handle 60fps video now? If you are currently having 60fps files and iMovie import issue, the post will tell you why iMovie not importing 60fps HD videos and offer the best and fasest solution.

Got one camcorder, like Sony NEX-5N, NEX7, A99, A65, Panasonic HC-V720, HDC-TM90 to record 1920*1080 Full HD MTS footage up to 60fps (50fps for PAL) and have met the incompatible erros when you tried importing 60fps videos to iMovie 8911 for further editing? From googling, we find many users have the same issues:

Question1. "Whilst away snowboarding on my most recent trip, I recorded most days in 720p 60fps (as it looks ultra smooth) and have just over 54Gb of footage; divided into five folders on my iMac (one for each day) with about 20 .mp4 files in each one. I assumed I could put together something decent on iMovie 11. Some Googling revealed that iMovie 10 does not support 60FPS. Is that right? And then how to get imovie easily working with these 60fps video? Any help would be appreciated."

Qustion 2. "I am a novice iMovie 11 user. I have footage in a 60fps camera that I imported into iMovie. When I import it, either with or without optimization, the video is very jumpy and the audio doesn't time with the footage at all. But 30fps footage imports into iMovie correctly. Is there any way to import the 60fps video correctly so that I don't have this problem, even if it means downgrading the quality?"

In fact, iMovie can't support the format 1080p@60fps because it is a nonstandard frame rate. If you want to natively ingest and edit the 60fps videos in iMovie, you have to firstly transcode 60fps footage it to a compatible frame rate with a native format by iMovie, like AIC. It means that you have to use a professional HD Video Converter for Mac to encode the 60fps video to Apple IntermediateCodec(AIC) yourself at 60p, and iMovie will let you edit a 24p or 30p project. Note that even if you shift your footage to AIC at 60p, iMovie will downgrade it to 24fps or 30fps on export (depending on what you chose), but it still doesn't look bad at all. It will just use the extra frames to make it smoother. If you shoot in 60fps and slow it down to 30fps, you are still using 30 frames to fill 30 frames. It will be much smoother.

If you attempt to transcode 60p video to AIC for using with iMovie, we would recommend Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac - Top 60fps HD Video to iMovie Converter.

Main features: This software is best Mac HD Video Converter that can transcode any kinds of HD Video files to Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC), Apple ProRes 422 codec, DNxHD codec, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc. for puting into iMovie, FCP, Adobe, Avid, iPhoto, DaVinci Resolve, Kdenlive, Keynote, Aperture 3, etc. NLE's for editing, and enables users to custom video and audio settings like frame rate, bit rate, resolution, sample rate and audio channel at will. These output formats are specially presetted, so the conversion quality is guaranteed, you can get lossless video conversion with this tool. (Learn more: Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac 3.6.1 Review)

Here is step by step guide: How to get 1080p60fps videos to iMovie for editing?

Step 1. Download, install and launch this 60fps HD Video to iMovie Converter. Import the 60fps footage to the Mac converter by clicking the "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button.

Step 2. Click "format" bar to choose the output format.

If yo want to edit 1080 60fps video in iMovie 8911, please choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov). This is best format for iMovie editing on Mac, once converted, you won't need to render. Broadcasting

Step 3. You can click "Settings" to customize the output parameter

by ujinwang3 Mon Dec 22 14:00:00 UTC 2014

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Broadcaster Forum
Broadcast (disambiguation) Forum
Distribution (business) Forum
Sound Forum
Video Forum
Signalling (telecommunication) Forum
Scheduling (broadcasting) Forum
List of broadcasting terms Forum
Television Forum
Radio Forum
Cable television Forum
Decoding Forum
Home Forum
Subscription Forum
Pay-per-view Forum
Mass media Forum
Narrowcast Forum
Government Forum
Television license Forum
Grant (money) Forum
Foundation (charity) Forum
Business Forum
Advertising Forum
Business model Forum
National Public Radio Forum
United States Forum
Corporation for Public Broadcasting Forum
Corporation Forum
Slow-motion Forum
Time zone Forum
Germany Forum
Dirigible Forum
Hindenburg disaster Forum
Lakehurst, New Jersey Forum
World War II Forum
Armed Forces Radio Forum
Spoiler (media) Forum
Announcer Forum
Screenplay Forum
Propaganda Forum
Voice of Russia Forum
Concert Forum
The Cosby Show Forum
Studio Forum
Radio station Forum
Television station Forum
Transmitter Forum
Antenna (radio) Forum
Radio masts and towers Forum
Communications satellite Forum
Simulcast Forum
Microwave Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | toy dj | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2019 forumjar.com All rights reserved.