Forum Jar

Forum Jar : Abaqus Forum : sheet metal forming (Spinning)
See other topics in Abaqus Forum

Abaqus Forum

Important rules for using Abaqus Forum
• No offensive words are allowed in this forum.
• To prevent spams, you must not use the words "http" ".com" or "/"(slashes) in this forum.

Alert! Please do not buy anything or pay anyone on this forum. Scammers have been reported on our forum. Please also do not go to any links posted on here. We have been reported about links to websites that contain viruses. Thank you.

Topic: sheet metal forming (Spinning)
Hi there
I started to work with Abaqus and I want to simulate spinning process. In this process I need to rotate rigid mandrel and holder along with a deformable sheet. Sheet is held between mandrel and holder in the simulation and they all rotate with the same rotational speed. I used Abaqus-Explicit to model this process. I faced several problems which I mention when I use a solid sheet (not shell):
• I need to rotate this solid deformable sheet. I made a beam connector to the reference point of the sheet. Then I made a coupling constraint and as I want to rotate this sheet in one direction, I associated one rotational degree of the entire sheet to be constrained with a point to the end of the beam connector using kinematic constrained. When I allocate rotational boundary condition to this end point, Abaqus gave me an error telling me that no rotational inertia is assigned or it has no rotary inertia associated with it and some rotational degrees of freedom at the nodes are not constrained. When I edit this kinematic constraint and constrain all degrees of freedom of the sheet to this end point. This sheet rotates; but another problem occurs, contact between upper surface and lower surface of the sheet and tools seems not to be working.
• I also tried predefined field and assign one rotational velocity to the entire sheet and again I faced this massage “The deformable element nodes contained in node set ErrNodeRotNodeNoRotInert-Step1 have no rotary inertia associated with them and some rotational degrees of freedom at the nodes are not constrained. Either rotary inertia must be defined or all of the rotational degrees of freedom must be constrained. See the status file for further details.”
I really appreciate it if you help me in this way.

by Vahid Fri Feb 01 20:20:22 UTC 2013

K

by guest Thu May 01 11:56:55 UTC 2014

Post a new comment

Name (optional):

By posting a comment, you indicate that you have agreed to our terms of use.

Feel adventurous? Check out random forums on Forum Jar!
Related Forums
Commercial software Forum
Finite element analysis Forum
Dassault Systemes S.A. Forum
Open-source Forum
Python (programming language) Forum
Fox-toolkit Forum
GUI Forum
Automotive industry Forum
Aerospace Forum
Industrial product Forum
Multiphysics Forum
Piezoelectric Forum
Elastomer Forum
ABAQUS, Inc Forum

sponsored links: free polls | free chat rooms (weirdtown chat) | widgets for myspace | make chat room | free chat room list | review websites | snowboard or ski | chat vocab

terms of use | privacy policy
©2018 forumjar.com All rights reserved.